POLL: Do you agree with the removal of the name of Papa John’s founder, John Schnatter, from Jeffersonville landmarks?
The Jeffersonville native and pizza king came under scrutiny this week after reports he used the N-word during a conference call in May. After Schnatter publicly apologized, Mayor Mike Moore had Schnatter’s name removed from the Nachand Fieldhouse. The fieldhouse donned the businessman’s name after he agreed to donate $800,000 to restore the property. Moore said he returned the money donated so far ($400,000), and had Schnatter’s name removed form the city’s Wall of Fame at Big Four Station.
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Mayor explains removing Schnatter's name from Nachand Fieldhouse
- UPDATE: After ceiling collapse, Clarksville McAlister's expected to reopen Saturday
- Driver in fatal wreck could face more time with new arrest
- Town of Clarksville struggling to buy some Woerner Ave. properties, despite three successes
- West Clark appoints (another) interim superintendent
- Jeffersonville moves along with downtown arts district
- Clarksville railway property to be transformed into urban trail
- Keke, do you love me? Drake's 'In My Feelings' sparks latest dance challenge
- Greater Clark to look into new transportation facility
- Speed cement plant production to cease within 4 years