The following closures and lane restrictions are expected this week and next week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing:
Work Currently Underway:
• Adams Street from Campbell Street to Cabel Street is scheduled to be closed through Monday, March 31, with access to local traffic only.
• Witherspoon Street from River Road to Adams Street is scheduled to be closed through Monday, March 24 for pile driving.
• The left lane of Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street is scheduled to be closed through Tuesday, April 1 for bridge work.
• The left lane and both parking lanes on Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Floyd Street are scheduled to be closed through Friday, April 11 for work in the area.
• Broadway Street has closed from Court Avenue to 6th Street. This includes the closure of the 6th Street ramp to I-65 North. These are permanent closures.
• 7th Street has closed from Missouri Avenue to Broadway Street. This is a permanent closure.
• VFW Boulevard has closed from 7th Street to 9th Street. This is a permanent closure.
• U.S. 31-South (Exit Ramp 1) from Brown Station Way to Stansifer Avenue has been reduced to two lanes.
• U.S. 31-South, in the area just south of Stansifer Avenue, has been reduced to one lane. Vehicles are still able to exit onto 10th Street.
• The northbound collector distributor ramp in Jeffersonville has been reduced to one lane between 10th Street and Stansifer Avenue. The closure will be in place through late 2015.
• Missouri Avenue is closed between Court Avenue and S. Clark Boulevard for extensive utility work in the area. It’s expected to remain closed into July 2014.
• Lane restrictions are in place on the Indiana approach to the Clark Memorial Bridge. Traffic is reduced to one lane on U.S. 31 South from just south of Court Avenue to the bridge. The southbound sidewalk is also closed. The restrictions are expected to be in place for several weeks.