CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 18
Improvements approved for Clarksville High
A $2 million bond issuance to repair the auditorium and fine arts wing at Clarksville High School was initiated at a series of board meetings this week.Continued ...
- Motorcycle Involved In Collission
- Gibson takes plea in Hodella murder
- Jeffersonville, Clarksville library branches go offline for updates
- EGG-CELLENT: Where to hunt Easter eggs in Southern Indiana
- WEATHER FORECAST: Sunny skies ahead for Easter weekend
- Hooten’s words led police to search for bodies
- 7 P.M. UPDATE: Richard Hooten to spend life in jail after murder plea
- Gaining on the competition: Greater Clark’s graduation rate tops 90 percent