CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- Man arrested following Jeffersonville shooting
Kentucky bond ratings come back from agencies
Bonds that will be sold to help finance Kentucky’s portion of the Ohio River Bridges Project were rated just above junk status.Continued ...
- Officials, business leaders meet to discuss Vision 2025 plan
- WORLDLY ENDEAVOR: Wilson Elementary students learn about holidays around the globe
- Southern Indiana slides by with only minor problems
- State lawmakers unlikely to consider casino aid
- CARDS FOREVER: Bryan Berg builds Louisville Skyline from playing cards
- THE EXTRA MILER: Stepping Up to Community Needs
- Jeffersonville soccer complex work continues ahead of schedule
- Dec 6, 2013
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 7-8