The Jeffersonville Italian Festival 2010 will take place from noon to 9 p.m. June 26 downtown — on Court Avenue between Pearl and Spring streets.
Organizers promise the vibe of an authentic Italian neighborhood street festival without leaving Southern Indiana, according to a press release. Authentic Italian food, music and activities in a family-friendly atmosphere will be featured.
Italians have a long tradition in the area, dating back to the late 1800s when they settled downtown near the old Haymarket location to create Louisville’s version of Little Italy, according to the press release.
While the Little Italy of Louisville is long gone, the Jeffersonville Italian Festival 2010 is designed to recreate the feel of a traditional Italian street festival.
Admission is $2 and free for children 5 years old and under. Featured will be:
• Steve Fazzini, from Youngstown, Ohio, performing in the classic lounge style the songs of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, as well as many of the other American standard classics;
• The John Sharp Combo;
• Jeffersonville High School Alumni will be leading the areas’ largest ever community singing of “That’s Amore”;
• A spaghetti-eating contests — separate contests for adults and kids;
• Children’s Games and activities; and
• Italian folk dancing lessons for adults and children.
Call Adrienne & Co. Bakery & Cafe, 129 W. Court Ave., at 812.282-2665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or, visit www.CakesToday.com