News and Tribune
New traffic changes due to work on the downtown portion of the Ohio River Bridges Project will begin next week.
The ramp from Interstate 64 East to I-65 North is scheduled to close at night all of next week. The closure will begin around 9 p.m. each night and the ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
The overnight closure is scheduled to begin Monday night and will likely continue into the following week. Prep work is being done for the partial demolition of the ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South, the ramp that closed earlier this week.
• The left lane of I-64 East from east of the Clark Memorial Bridge to I-65 will be closed overnight next week. The closure, which is scheduled to begin Tuesday night, is also in preparation for upcoming demolition work. The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
• The right lane of I-65 South from Witherspoon Street to Jefferson Street is scheduled to be closed overnight Monday and Tuesday for work on temporary lighting. The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
• The right lane of I-65 South from Witherspoon Street to Muhammad Ali Boulevard is scheduled to close overnight Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for work on temporary lighting. The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
• Lane restrictions are expected during the day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on Witherspoon Street from east of Preston Street to Clay Street as crews prepare for demolition work in the area.
• The right lane of Jefferson Street will be closed next week for a one-block area from Jackson Street to Preston Street because of utility work in the area.
The actual starting date and duration for all of the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.
Find all of the latest traffic information at kyinbridges.com