> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
No paper printing Monday
The News and Tribune will not publish a print edition Monday, Jan. 20, 2014, in observance of Martin Luther King Day. However, the newspaper’s offices in Jeffersonville and New Albany will be open.
Print publication will resume Tuesday, Jan. 21. Check newsandtribune.com and follow us on Twitter @newsandtribune for news updates.
Jeffersonville meeting changes
The Jeffersonville City Council’s next regular meeting, originally scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20, will be instead held at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Monday is Martin Luther King Day.
The Jeffersonville Drainage Board’s meeting Tuesday at 5:30 p.m., which is normally held in the City Council Chambers, will be instead held in the second-floor Mayor’s Conference Room.
Sisto’s art exhibit to open
Penny Sisto’s new work will opensoon in exhibit at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, New Albany.
“Art as Healer” is the theme of the third exhibit in St. Paul’s Sacred Art Series, Jan. 19 through Feb. 14, every Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to noon.
A new exhibit featuring new work by celebrated local artist, Penny Sisto opens Jan. 19. The reception will be from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. in the Parlor of the St. Paul’s Parish House. As part of the reception, Sisto will be giving a gallery talk telling the story behind each displayed artwork and describing its impact on her. A life of self-expression through art enables artists to rise above personal circumstances, and in doing so, they help the viewers of their art to experience renewed hope, healing and a deepening of their own spirituality.
For more information, contact the parish office at 812-944-0413.
Church hosting gospel sing
Hour of Power, 108 W. Main St., New Albany, will sponsor the gospel group Spiritual Wonders at 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at the church.
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
- Sellersburg sets common wage rate for water plant project
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 11
- Clark County Council, court make a deal
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish in Indiana
- Child services hotline adds regional sites
- Indiana road funding bill nears final vote
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 10
- Mar 9, 2014
- New Albany High School first to use einstein Tablets+
- Leaders give voice to suicide prevention in Clark County
- Union files safety complaint against MAC on New Albany project