> SOUTHERN INDIANA — The following traffic updates are expected during the next 10 to 14 days in connection with the east-end crossing construction as part of the Ohio River Bridges Project.
INDIANA LANE RESTRICTIONS
• There will be lane restrictions on Ind. 62 in Indiana in the vicinity of the Ind. 265 and Ind. 62 interchange July 14-18. The lane restrictions will be in place for about a half mile in each direction of the interchange. Residents are asked to use caution and drive slowly when driving in the area during this time.
• There will be lane restrictions in Indiana on Upper River Road in the vicinity of the east-end crossing construction site July 14-18. Flaggers will be present during this time to assist in guiding traffic.
• Blasting to prepare for the east-end crossing is scheduled to occur in Indiana, just east of Utica, between the Ohio River and Salem Road during the week of July 14. Prior to each blast, traffic must be stopped on Upper River Road for five to 20 minutes for the safety of the workers and the traveling public.
The dates and approximate times (within 15 minutes) will be:
• Monday, July 14, at about 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, July 15, about 4:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, July 16, at about 4:30 p.m.
• Thursday, July 17, at about 4:30 p.m.
• Friday, July 18, at about 4:30 p.m.
Blasting also will occur on Brookhollow Road between the Boulder Creek and Brookhollow subdivisions. These blasts do not require traffic stops. The dates and approximate times (within 15 minutes) will be:
• Monday, July 14, at about 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, July 15, at about 11:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, July 16, at about 11:30 a.m.
• Thursday, July 17, at about 11:30 a.m.
• Friday, July 18, at about 11:30 a.m.
In the event of unfavorable weather or other unforeseen activities, these schedules may change. If any such changes occur, they will be posted on kyinbridges.com, on Twitter @eastendcrossing and at www.facebook.com/ohiorivereastendcrossing. A message will be posted on the project website at kyinbridges.com Thursday of each week regarding the anticipated blasting schedule for the following week. Preblast surveys are ongoing; no blasting will occur within 500 feet of any residence prior to the completion of a preblast survey for that residence.