NEWS AND TRIBUNE
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
LifeSpan Resources will provide a special menu and nutrition education programming at 12 meal sites in its service area next week to celebrate Nutrition Awareness Day on Wednesday.
A hot lunch will be provided to seniors age 60-plus at the centers at approximately 11 a.m. Reservations are required by noon on Monday, March 11. Donations of $2 per meal are appreciated.
National Nutrition Awareness Day is presented in conjunction with National Nutrition Month 2013, a month-long observance of healthful eating sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association). This year’s theme is: “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day,” encouraging consumers to include the foods they love as part of a healthful eating plan that is tailored for their lifestyle, traditions, health needs and tastes, according to a press release.
• Yellowwood Terrace, 2100 Greentree North, Clarksville, Pat Lanham 812-282-1435
• Ken Ellis Senior Center, 1425 Pennsylvania Ave., Jeffersonville, Linda Leist (502-644-8854
• Charlestown Brysonwoods Apartments, 196 McCampbell St., Charlestown, Barbara Corkell, 502-644-9438
• Henryville United Methodist Church, 113 S. Ferguson St., Henryville, Brenda Smallwood, 502-533-6835
• Riverview Towers, 500 Scribner Drive, New Albany, Tera Swift 502-345-8699
• Mark Elrod Towers, 1 Wolfe Trace, New Albany, Sallie Jo Tomes 502-345-4975
• Joe Rhoads Senior Center, 123 S. Mulberry St., Corydon, Judy Amy 812-738-7603
• Frenchtown Community Center, 7663 Ind. 337, Depauw, Sandy Dubois 812-347-2746
• Palmyra Senior Center, 1235 Greene St., Palmyra, Jenny Kirkham 812-364-6106
• Elizabeth Community Center, 5077 Main St., Elizabeth, Paula Hensley 812-737-2397
• Bacala Senior Center, 69 Wardell St., Scottsburg, Joyce Riley 812-206-7976
• Austin Senior Citizens Center, 21 Wilbur St., Austin, Julie Money 812-794-4212