NEWS AND TRIBUNE
NEW ALBANY —
The seventh-annual Ohio River Greenway 5K Run/Walk and Fitness Fun Day will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 28, at the Ohio River Greenway, New Albany Amphitheater, 200 Water St., New Albany.
This is the 5K to support building the place to hold all the other runs/walks to help all of the nonprofits of our community. This year the Ohio River Greenway parried with the Floyd County Physical Activity Coalition and Floyd Memorial Hospital to include a Family Fitness Day. Here’s the schedule:
• 9 a.m. Greenway 5K begins (7:30-8:30 registration); preregistration is required by visiting OhioRiverGreenway.org
• 9:30 am family one-miler begins
• 10 a.m., Mayor Jeff Gahan’s address
• 10 a.m. to noon, Physical fitness demonstrations
• Attractions: Zumba, yoga, hula-hoop contest, bike rodeo, inflatable obstacle course, golf-swing evaluation.
For more information, contact Shaunna Graf, Friends of the Ohio River Greenway, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-989-9262.