Fall planting on tap
Southern Indiana Botanical Society will sponsor a fall planting at Mount Saint Francis at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26.
The group is redesigning and replanting the Entrance Garden adjacent to the parking area at Mount St. Francis. Volunteers are needed to help remove existing plans and plant the new ones.
Bring yourself and your garden tools and meet in the parking area on your left as you come into the Mount.
The event will be rescheduled if raining. Call 502-435-5200 for details.
St. Mary’s indoor yard sale
St. Mary Catholic Church, Eighth and Spring streets, New Albany, will host an indoor yard and bake sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, in the parish gymnasium and cafeteria. There are a variety of items to choose from and lunch, including homemade chicken and dumplings, will be served each day.
For more information contact the parish office at 812-944-0417.
Eat flapjacks, raise funds
Christian Academy of Indiana will be hosting a flapjack fundraiser from 7:30 to 10 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 26, at 3030 Grant Line Road, New Albany.
Proceeds raised will go toward the annual senior trip. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 812-944-6200.
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish in Indiana
- Child services hotline adds regional sites
- Indiana road funding bill nears final vote
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 10
- New Albany High School first to use einstein Tablets+
- Leaders give voice to suicide prevention in Clark County
- Union files safety complaint against MAC on New Albany project
- PEACE IN THE GARDEN: Memorial planted in honor of slain Clarksville teenager
- Legislation extending ‘lifeline’ law headed to governor
Speakers for Pearls of Wisdom program announced
One Southern Indiana (1si) has announced the program lineup for its popular Pearls of Wisdom program which kicks off March 19.Continued ...