Fall planting on tap
Southern Indiana Botanical Society will sponsor a fall planting at Mount Saint Francis at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26.
The group is redesigning and replanting the Entrance Garden adjacent to the parking area at Mount St. Francis. Volunteers are needed to help remove existing plans and plant the new ones.
Bring yourself and your garden tools and meet in the parking area on your left as you come into the Mount.
The event will be rescheduled if raining. Call 502-435-5200 for details.
St. Mary’s indoor yard sale
St. Mary Catholic Church, Eighth and Spring streets, New Albany, will host an indoor yard and bake sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, in the parish gymnasium and cafeteria. There are a variety of items to choose from and lunch, including homemade chicken and dumplings, will be served each day.
For more information contact the parish office at 812-944-0417.
Eat flapjacks, raise funds
Christian Academy of Indiana will be hosting a flapjack fundraiser from 7:30 to 10 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 26, at 3030 Grant Line Road, New Albany.
Proceeds raised will go toward the annual senior trip. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 812-944-6200.
- Pence praises Southern Indiana's role in state's success
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 7
- Elevate Ventures expands into Southern Indiana
- Pence honors New Chapel firefighter
- Luxury hotel coming to downtown Louisville
- Bidders pass on blighted Clarksville property
- Indiana lawmakers approve police education bill
- SOUND THE SIREN: This week's SoIn is now online for all your Southern Indiana action
- March theater madness in Southern Indiana: Five high school shows open this weekend
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 6