Editor’s Note: Submissions appear as the candidates submitted them without editing. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order. Except where noted, questionnaires are only being published for contested races.
Andrew "Drew" Adams• AGE: 36
• EDUCATION HIGHLIGHTS: Juris Doctorate - Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis (2000)
B.A. English - Indiana University Southeast (1997)
United States Marine Corps 1990-1994
Graduate of Charlestown High School (1990)
• CARERR HIGHLIGHTS: Founder of Adams Law Office (2001); Law Partners with Ken Pierce in Adams & Pierce (2005); Floyd County Public Defender (2003-2006); Clark County Public Defender (2005-2006); Judge Pro Tempor Clark Circuit and Superior Courts; Judge Pro Tempor Floyd Circuit and Superior Courts
• FAMILY NOTES: Drew is married to Tammy Deaton-Adams, and they have three (3) children: Harrison, Sophia and Gracie Adams. Drew is the son of Darrell and Geneva Adams of Charlestown.
1) Why are you running for this position?
“Judge Cecile Blau has served our community well for 12 years and I believe our community deserves the continuation of integrity and accountability she upheld. We need a fair and compassionate Judge. A Judge who shares and cares in each individuals interests and our communities interests. I was born and raised in Clark County and after serving in the United States Marine Corps I returned to Clark County to attend college. Then after attending law school in Indianapolis, I returned home to Clark County to start my law practice and raise my family. I returned to Clark County because I believe in our community. This is a wonderful community and deserves a Judge who has the community interests in mind. Our community needs a positive Judge. A Judge you can believe in. A Judge the community can believe in. I look forward to having the opportunity to serve this great community in such a vital position.”
2) What is the most important issue facing this position and what is your plan to resolve it?