• “Spirit Over The Water,” 8:30 p.m. at RiverStage at the foot of the Overlook and Terrace Lawn in downtown Jeffersonville. The program is free and open to the public.
• Independence Day Celebration featuring B. J. Thomas with special guests The Wulfe Brothers. The free family event with music, food, drink and vendors will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the New Albany Riverfront Amphitheatre, sponsored by Mayor Doug England, the City of New Albany, Clark and Floyd Counties Convention and Tourism Bureau and local businesses.
• The annual Kiwanis Club Fireworks Show will begin at 10 p.m. at the Old Capitol Golf Club, 1605 Ind. 62 northeast, Corydon. Parking will be available at Corydon Central High School with free shuttle service. Shuttle service begins at 7:30 p.m. The event is free. Call 888-738-2137 for more information.
• The Jeffersonville Freedom Parade is planned for 11 a.m. at the Jeffersonville Overlook. The parade route will be from the Overlook, along Spring Street, to Warder Park. The Remnant Trust Building, 129 E. Court Ave., will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. where people can view historic documents on display. Taste of Jeffersonville is helping fund the event this year. For more information or enter the parade, call 812-282-1184 or 812-282-9775.
• Concert on the Park series at 7:30 p.m. in Warder Park in Jeffersonville featuring the 100th Division U.S. Army Reserve Band. Free and open to the public. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy an evening of music.
• Jeffersonville Parks Department summer season, featuring Artie Harris at 9 p.m. at RiverStage at the foot of the Overlook and Terrace Lawn in downtown Jeffersonville. Free and open to the public.
• Sellersburg’s July 4th celebration will begin with a parade a 2 p.m. through downtown Sellersburg, followed by a celebration of family games, food and live music at the Sellersburg American Legion Post 204, 412 N. New Albany St., Sellersburg. The day will conclude with fireworks at dust. For more information call 502-645-8799.
- Introduction of new 930 area code gradual in Southern Indiana
- FEMA’s disaster decisions frustrate state, local leaders
- Civil lawsuit against Clark County drug program grows
- Clark County parks officials look to grow Easter events
- Clarksville councilman worries sign ordinance would be too restrictive
- City Pride to celebrate 10 years in Jeffersonville
- Apr 19, 2014
- YMCA hosting Healthy Kids Day next weekend
- Familiar faces in Democratic primary for Clark County clerk’s race
- SUGAR RUSH: Schimpff's delights those in search of Easter candy
- Apr 18, 2014
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 19-20