• Floyd County
Library offers bracelet workshop
The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library’s Teen Scene Initiative will host a Pop Tab Bracelet Workshop from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 24 in the Small Meeting Room of the library, 180 West Spring St., New Albany.
Teens in grades 6-12 can create a unique bracelet using can pop tabs.
The event is free, but due to limited space interested individuals should register to attend.
Visit or call Reference Services at 812-949-3523 to register or for more information.
Health Dept. holds flu shot clinics
The Floyd County Health Department will host an adult flu shot clinic from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Floyd County 4-H Fairgrounds, Green Valley Road, New Albany.
Symptoms of the flu can include sore throat, muscle aches, headache and feeling generally ill. Anyone can become infected, but the elderly, young children and anyone with certain health problems may become seriously ill or die from the flu.
The adult vaccination is $20 cash only (Medicare and Medicaid is not accepted).
The children’s flu vaccine will be given at the Children’s Immunization Clinics at the Floyd County Health Department, 1917 Bono Road, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays; 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays; and 3 to 5 p.m. on the third Wednesday only of each month. Children’s flu vaccination is $5.
Call the Health Department’s answering system at 812-948-4726 or visit floydcountyhealthdept-in.com for more information.
Shepherd of the Hills hosts festival
Shepherd of the Hills Preschool and Church will host its annual Fall Family Festival from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday at 5231 Highway 62, Edwardsville, across from Polly’s Freeze.
There will be games for children, a silent auction, a bake sale and food.
Reduced tickets for the games may be purchased in advance by calling the school office at 812-945-3046.
• Southern Indiana
• Floyd County
- Clark County Sheriff Rodden takes leave of absence
- MOSS: Luckert ready for a new career — retirement
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 30
- Renaissance Academy ceremony begins new era of school in Clarksville
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Wednesday, July 30
- Jul 29, 2014
- RODDEN INDICTMENT: ‘Totally in shock’ in Clark County
- Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden appears in Indianapolis court, then released
- THE LATEST: Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden indicted on federal charges
- DRINK UP: Thirsty Pedaler coming to Jeffersonville
- Clark County sheriff indicted on federal charges; has initial court appearance in Indianapolis