CLARK COUNTY — CLARK COUNTY
Halloween events for Clark County
• Borden — Trick-or-treat takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday
• Charlestown — The city of Charlestown will host this year’s Trunk or Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday on the Charlestown Square; citywide trick-or-treating will take place during this time also.
• Clarksville — Trick-or-treat takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
• Henryville — Trick-or-treat takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
• Jeffersonville — Trick-or-Treat takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
• New Washington — Trick-or-treat takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
• Sellersburg — Trick-or-treat takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
• Utica — Utica Preservation will host its annual Children’s Halloween party at 6:30 p.m. Friday for ages birth to 12 years old. The party will be held at the Utica Community Building, 106 N. Fourth St., Utica. Be sure to wear your costume; trick-or-treating in the town of Utica will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
— Staff reports
Meet the candidates tonight
The Clark County Farm Bureau Inc. will host a Meet the Candidates session at 6 p.m. today in the Community Building at the Clark County 4-H Center, 9608 Ind. 62, Charlestown.
Federal, state, and county candidates for office in the upcoming fall election are being invited to participate in this event. Those in attendance will be able to ask candidates questions from the floor or privately. The Clark 4-H Adult Leaders will have a chili supper at the same location on this date, beginning at 4:30 p.m.
The session is free of charge and the public is urged to attend.
Contact John Adam, president of Clark County Farm Bureau Inc., at 812-989-5458 for more information.
Hair cuts to help cancer society
Three Generations Hair Salon in Sellersburg will be hosting a cut-a-thon on Saturday in support of national breast cancer awareness month.
The salon will be giving $10 haircuts from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with half the proceeds being donated to the National Breast Cancer Society.
Anyone who receives a service during the month of October will be entered into a drawing for door prizes, which includes gifts from companies such as Suntan City, Tumbleweed, Click Portrait Studio, JayC and many more, according to a press release.
In addition, those receiving services will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize, a dinner for two at Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Three Generations Hair Salon will also be selling humanity T-shirts and breast cancer awareness bracelets.
During the cut-a-thon, the salon will be accepting walk-in customers only, no appointments will be taken. Dominos in Sellersburg is also donating pizza for the event.
For more information contact Mandi or Kara at 812-246-2666 or visit the salon at 325 N. Indiana Ave., in Sellersburg.