UTICA — Below is a sampling of upcoming events in Utica:
Today, March 18
• Utica United Methodist Church will host an evening worship service at 7 p.m. today, March 18, with The Rev. Dale Stum delivering the evening message. Music will be provided by the Utica Church of Christ Quartet.
Come, prepare for Easter, hear the word of God and enjoy fellowship together.
Sunday, March 23
• The Utica Church of Christ will host a Family and Friends Sunday, March 23. Sunday school begins at 10 a.m., followed by morning worship at 11.
Following the morning service, a time of fellowship with lunch provided by the ladies of the church will be held in the church fellowship hall. The community is invited to come and meet the new church pastor, Robert Ridgeway and his wife, Cynthia and their daughter, Victoria. The Ridgeways recently relocated to Utica and are looking forward to serving the town of Utica, while serving the Lord.
• Utica-area churches’ annual fifth Sunday singing will be at 6 p.m., March 30, at Utica Baptist Church.
All are invited to attend and participate. A fellowship time will follow the singing.
Other singings dates: June 29: Utica Praise Church; Aug. 31: Utica Church of Christ; Nov. 30: Utica Methodist Church
• The Utica Preservation Association will meet at 7 p.m. April 1 at the Utica Community Center. The group meets the first Tuesday of the month.
• The Utica Preservation Association will sponsor an Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. April 12, at the Utica Community Center.
All children of the community are invited to attend. Like the traditional Christmas with Santa celebration, a morning with the Easter Bunny will provide enjoyment for both the young and the old alike.
• A community Easter Sunrise Service will be held at 7 a.m. April 20 at Utica Hillcrest Cemetery, sponsored by the area churches. Following the service, coffee and pastries will be served at the Utica Baptist Church fellowship hall.
— This listing was compiled by Community Editor Brenda Dorman. If you have community news you would like published in The News and Tribune, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-206-2111.