Relay hosting organizational meeting
Relay For Life of Clark County will host its kickoff meeting at 6 p.m. today, Nov. 19, at the Jeffersonville Library, 211 East Court Ave.
Local volunteers are a huge part of the American Cancer Society’s nationwide effort to save lives from cancer, and additional people are needed for the progress to continue. The county’s 2014 Relay For Life is slated for May 16 at Charlestown High School.
Ivy Tech holding open house
Ivy Tech Southern Indiana will hold an open house from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, at the Harrison County Learning Center, 101 Ind. 62, Suite 104, Corydon.
The event will include information on financial aid and the admissions process. Admissions representatives will be available to provide information on specific programs of study as well as student support services. In addition, the event will also include information about specific courses being offered this spring in Harrison County as well as the main Sellersburg campus.
For more information on how to apply or register for courses at Ivy Tech Southern Indiana, visit ivytech.edu/nowisthetime or call 1-888-IVY-LINE.
Brain injury group to meet
The next meeting of the Southern Indiana Traumatic Brain Injury Foundation will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, in the education conference room at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital, 3104 Blackiston Blvd., New Albany.
For more information, call 812-941-8357
Firefighters hosting fundraiser
The New Washington Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fundraising event for Daniel Stoner.
Stoner was aiding a stranded motorist in September when he collapsed. He survived, but has had several medical complications since including a heart attack, a stroke and collapse of his left lung.
A 33-year veteran of the New Washington Volunteer Fire Department and former chief, Stoner is expected to be released from rehab the week of Thanksgiving.
Stoner’s fellow firefighters are hosting a bean/potato soup fundraiser to help cover some of Stoner’s medical expenses at 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at the New Washington Volunteer Fire Department Station 1, Ind. 62 in New Washington.
A silent auction will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. and a live auction will be held at 7 p.m. after the winners of the silent auction have been announced.
- Gap between Indiana wages, living costs grows
- CALLING ALL ARTISTS: Jeffersonville asking for public sculpture designs
- Introduction of new 930 area code gradual in Southern Indiana
- FEMA’s disaster decisions frustrate state, local leaders
- Civil lawsuit against Clark County drug program grows
- Clark County parks officials look to grow Easter events
- Clarksville councilman worries sign ordinance would be too restrictive
- City Pride to celebrate 10 years in Jeffersonville
- Apr 19, 2014
- YMCA hosting Healthy Kids Day next weekend
- Familiar faces in Democratic primary for Clark County clerk’s race