> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: eighth in the discus (120-8), 11th in the hammer throw (127-6) and 20th in the shot put (36-9 3-4) at the Indiana Division III Track and Field Championships on Saturday in Franklin.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-0 record, 3 1/3 innings pitched, six runs allowed (all earned), nine hits, six strikeouts, five walks; notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 16-8 home loss against Illinois Central on Sunday, one inning pitched, one run allowed (earned), one hit, one strikeout, no walks; team record: 20-20 overall; Farmer’s record: 1-0.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 8-for-17, 10 RBIs, eight runs scored, two doubles, two home runs; 2-0 record, 14 innings pitched, one run allowed, eight hits, 15 strikeouts, four walks; top performance: 2-for-3 with three RBIs, one run scored and a home run in the Grenadiers’ 10-9 victory on Saturday at Point Park in Game 1 of a doubleheader; notes: Batliner and IU Southeast returned to the NAIA Softball Coaches’ Poll last Tuesday, ranking 25th; the Grenadiers were ranked 21st in this season’s preseason poll; team records: 27-5 overall, 17-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; Batliner’s record: 4-1.
• Brad Baumann (Hanover men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 60th at the Rose-Hulman Invitational last weekend with a two-round score of 165, 21-over-par (82 in the first round, 83 in the final).
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 14th in the 5,000 at the Billikens Invitational last Friday and Saturday in St. Louis, 15:36.88.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — top performance: No. 4 singles victory (6-2, 6-3) and No. 2 doubles win (8-4) in the Screaming Eagles’ 8-1 triumph on Saturday at Indianapolis; notes: USI clinched the Great Lakes Valley Conference East Division title with the victory; team records: 13-4 overall, 5-0 GLVC.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: sixth in the 5,000 at the Billikens Invitational last Friday and Saturday in St. Louis, 15:02.33.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 20th after the first round of Midwest Regional No. 4 on Sunday in Noblesville with a 73, 1-over-par.
• Jay Holderman (IUPUI men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 57th at the COG Mizzou Intercollegiate April 8-9 in Columbia, Mo., with a three-round score of 240, 24-over-par (78 in the first round, 82 in the second, 80 in the final).
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 11th in the 1,600 relay (3:49.68) and 19th in the 400 (58.27) at the Sea Ray Relays last Thursday through Saturday in Knoxville, Tenn.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-for-7; notes: 1-for-2 in the Skyhawks’ 1-0 home win over Murray State on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 29-13 overall, 10-6 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-1, two runs scored; notes: one run scored in the Buckeyes’ 4-3 home victory over Penn State in eight innings on Sunday; team records: 26-14 overall, 6-6 Big Ten.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Panthers’ 22-11 loss at Franklin last Tuesday, two-third of an inning pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, two strikeouts, two walks; team records: 14-13 overall, 7-7 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference; Powers’ record: 1-0.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — notes: no-decision starting role in the Cardinals’ 7-5 home win over Elon on Saturday, 2 2/3 innings pitched, five runs allowed (all earned), four hits, three strikeouts and three walks; team records: 28-7 overall, 7-2 Big East; Thompson’s record: 6-0.