> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• TeNale Roland (Utah State men’s basketball, New Albany graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 13 points per game, 9-13 field goals, 7-10 3-pointers, 1-2 free throws, six assists, four rebounds; top performance: game- and career-high 20 points, shooting 7-of-7 from the field, 5-of-5 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the line, three rebounds and three assists in the Aggies’ 86-67 home win over San Jose State on Saturday; notes: Roland, who came off the bench, scored all 20 of his points in the second half; it was Utah State’s first Mountain West Conference victory in school history; team records: 11-3 overall, 1-1 Mountain West.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: eight points per game, 5-15 field goals, 4-5 3-pointers, 2-2 free throws, three rebounds; top performance: 10 points, shooting 3-of-11 from the field, 2-of-2 from 3-point range and 2-of-2 from the line, and three rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 131-77 home victory over Miami (Ohio)-Hamilton last Tuesday; team records: 9-3 overall, 3-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Aidan McEwen (Taylor men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one assist in the Trojans’ 72-70 home loss to Huntington on Saturday; team records: 7-8 overall, 1-3 Crossroads League.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: Albertson saw action on the bench in the Panthers’ 73-64 home loss to Loras last Friday; team records: 5-4 overall, 1-1 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — notes: seven points in the Red Wolves’ 90-69 home loss to Berea on Saturday; team records: 6-12 overall, 2-3 KIAC.
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1.7 points per game, 2-2 field goals, 1-2 free throws, six rebounds; notes: five rebounds and four points in the Grenadiers’ 92-56 home victory over Carlow last Friday; team records: 7-6 overall, 3-1 KIAC.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: game-high 11 assists, five points, two rebounds and two steals in the Paladins’ 73-54 home victory over Appalachian State on Saturday; team records: 8-6 overall, 2-1 Southern Conference.
• Jennifer Smith (Bellarmine women’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 5.5 points per game, 5-15 field goals, 1-2 free throws, nine rebounds; notes: eight points and five rebounds in the Knights’ 70-62 loss at William Jewell last Friday; team records: 5-5 overall, 1-1 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, So.) — notes: three rebounds and two points in the Grenadiers’ 110-95 home win over Point Park on Saturday; team records: 9-3 overall, 3-0 KIAC.