> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
WEEK 8 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Owen Mattingly, Providence: Mattingly continued his incredible play with 130 yards on 16 carries and a pair of touchdowns on offense and seven solo tackles and five assists on defense in the Pioneers’ 49-12 thrashing of Charlestown on Friday.
OTHER WEEK 8 STARS
• Brian Arnold, Eastern: In the Musketeers’ 32-30 come-from-behind win over Crawford County, Arnold carried the ball 15 times for 86 yards and scored three times.
• Gaige Klingsmith, Floyd Central: Klingsmith had another 200-plus yards on the ground with 235 and scored three more times in the Highlanders’ 54-30 victory over Jennings County.
• Tuwan Payton, New Albany: Payton rushed for four touchdowns — three in the second quarter alone — and went for 223 yards on just 12 carries in the Bulldogs’ 56-29 win over Seymour. Two of Payton’s TD runs cover 175 yards, including a 95-yard run for the game’s opening score.
• Matt Bell, Providence: Bell had 167 yards on 12 carries and scored twice as Providence beat Charlestown.
• Jordan Eberle, Eastern: Eberle caught four passes for 80 yards, including a 35-yard TD from Austin Roberts, in Eastern’s win over Crawford County. Eberle also rushed for 30 yards.
• Aamil Haleem, Jeffersonville: Haleem had four solo tackles and three assists in the Red Devils’ 41-0 loss to Class 4A No. 1 Columbus East.
• Ravon Wright, New Albany: Wright caught two passes for 74 yards and scored on a 24-yard pass from Zach Donan in the first quarter of the Bulldogs’ win over Seymour.
• Brooks Howell, Silver Creek: Howell completed 15 of his 25 passes for 159 yards and threw TD strikes to Cameron Cook and Austin Hasting in the Dragons’ 49-13 loss to unbeaten Brownstown Central.
• Logan Vaughn, Floyd Central: Vaughn had a 63-yard punt return for a touchdown in the Highlanders’ win over Jennings County.
• Conner Johnson, Providence: Johnson had 104 yards on just four carries and scored a touchdown in the Pioneers’ win over Charlestown.
• Isaiah Mack, Jeffersonville: Mack had a team-high six solo tackles in the Devils’ loss to East.
• Blake Carl, Floyd Central: In Friday’s win over Jennings, Carl ran for 102 yards on five carries, including an 85-yard touchdown.