> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Josh Sampson (Wabash wrestling, New Washington graduate, Sr.) — top performance: 5-0 record with one pin in the 165-pound weight class at the National Wrestling Coaches Association Division III National Duals last weekend in Des Moines, Iowa.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 8.5 points per game, 6-15 field goals, 3-4 3-pointers, 2-2 free throws, two assists; top performance: 14 points, shooting 5-of-7 from the field, 2-of-2 from 3-point range and 2-of-2 from the line, and two assists in the Titans’ 106-85 home loss to St. Xavier (Ill.) on Saturday; team records: 6-10 overall, 2-4 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 13 points per game, 9-21 field goals, 0-2 3-pointers, 8-12 free throws, eight assists, seven rebounds, two steals; top performance: team-high 18 points, shooting 7-of-10 from the floor and 4-of-6 from the stripe, six rebounds and three assists in the Titans’ 106-85 home loss to St. Xavier (Ill.) on Saturday; team records: 6-10 overall, 2-4 CCAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — notes: fourth in both the 1,600-meter relay (3:44.27) and the mile (4:30.06) at the Bob Eubanks Open last Friday and Saturday in Allendale, Mich.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1.5 points per game, 1-2 field goals, 1-2 free throws, three rebounds; notes: two points in the Knights’ 64-53 victory over Maranatha Baptist Bible College at the Ohio Christian University Classic last Friday; team record: 9-6.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound in the Grenadiers’ 101-77 win at IU East on Saturday; team records: 10-3 overall, 4-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Aidan McEwen (Taylor men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one field-goal attempt in the Trojans’ 79-59 home victory over Mount Vernon Nazarene last Thursday; team records: 8-9 overall, 2-4 Crossroads League.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: four points in the Panthers’ 81-76 victory at Fontbonne last Thursday; team records: 7-4 overall, 3-1 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.