> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Kasie Doherty (Hanover softball, Fr.) — notes: 0-for-3 in the Panthers’ 8-7 home loss to Spalding last Thursday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 13-19 overall, 8-8 HCAC.
• Oliver Book (Cincinnati men’s track, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 3,000 steeplechase at the RedHawk Invitational on Saturday in Oxford, Ohio, 9:17.17.
• Ryan Dixon (Bellarmine baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Knights’ 4-1 loss at Kentucky Wesleyan on Sunday in Game 1 of a doubleheader, two-thirds of an inning pitched, one run allowed (earned), two hits, two walks, one strikeout; team records: 23-19 overall, 18-12 GLVC; Dixon’s record: 2-0.
• Katy Flanagan (Spalding softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-12, one run scored; top performance: 3-for-4 with a run scored in the Golden Eagles’ 8-7 victory last Thursday at Hanover in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 19-17 overall, 10-6 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Patric Geary (Hanover men’s golf, So.) — notes: 19th after the first two rounds of the HCAC Championship this weekend in North Bend, Ohio, with a two-round score of 163, 19-over-par (84 in the first round, 79 in the second).
• Amanda Schoenfelder (Bellarmine women’s track, Sr.) — notes: ninth in the long jump (4.45 meters) and 14th in the high jump (1.45 meters) at the Bellarmine Classic on Saturday.
• Aaron Beck (Indianapolis men’s track, Jr.) — notes: ninth in the javelin (36.88 meters) and 12th in the 3,000 steeplechase (10:18.28) at the Bellarmine Classic on Saturday.
• Kyle Briner (Lee baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-0 record, 3 2/3 innings pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), two hits, two walks, two strikeouts; top performance: winning pitcher in a relief role in the Flames’ 11-5 win at Truett-McConnell last Friday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 43-10 overall, 23-5 Southern States Athletic Conference; Briner’s record: 2-0.
• Brendan Chwalek (Northern Kentucky men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: first in the 3,000 steeplechase at the Bellarmine Classic on Saturday, 9:21.68.
• Rachel Clemons (Bellarmine women’s track, Fr.) — notes: 26th in the 1,500 at the Bellarmine Classic on Saturday, 5:13.53.
• Jack Eckert (Iowa men’s track, Jr.) — notes: 25th in the javelin at the Drake Relays last Wednesday through Saturday, 166-11.
• Megan Pennington (Oakland City softball, So.) — notes: Pennington started at catcher in the Oaks’ three games in the National Christian College Athletic Association Midwest Regional last Friday and Saturday in Winona Lake; team record: 18-10.
• Brandon White (Lewis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 44th in stroke play at the GLVC Men’s Championship April 21-23 in Columbus with a three-round score of 232, 16-over-par (82 in the first round, 74 in the second, 76 in the final); White prevailed in his individual match with a 74 in the Flyers’ 4-1 loss to Indianapolis in the GLVC match-play championship; White also won his individual match in Lewis’ 3-2 win over Missouri-St. Louis in the GLVC match-play semifinals with a 72.
• Bailey Wilson (Kentucky Wesleyan women’s golf, Jr.) — notes: 66th at the GLVC Women’s Championship this weekend in Waterloo, Ill., with a two-round score of 203, 59-over-par (104 in the first round, 99 in the second); Wilson was recently honored for posting a grade-point average of 3.5 or better at Kentucky Wesleyan’s third annual all-sports awards reception.