> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Kyle Briner (Lee baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Flames’ 14-0 home victory over Avila on Saturday in the final game of the NAIA National Championship Opening Round tournament, one inning pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, two strikeouts, no walks; Lee went undefeated in the opening round and earned its seventh consecutive berth in the NAIA College World Series, which will be May 24-31 in Lewiston, Idaho; team records: 49-10 overall, 23-5 Southern States Athletic Conference; Briner’s record: 3-0.
• Brendan Chwalek (Northern Kentucky men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: third in the 3,000 steeplechase at Atlantic Sun Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships last Friday and Saturday in Jacksonville, Fla., 9:13.31; notes: fourth in the 5,000, 15:30.81; Chwalek was one of three runners to run quicker than the previous conference record in the 3,000 steeplechase.
• Jack Eckert (Iowa men’s track, Jr.) — notes: decathlon at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships last Friday through Sunday in Columbus, Ohio — 12th in the shot put, 11.73 meters; 13th in the high jump, 1.82 meters; 17th in the 100, 11.74; 17th in the 400, 52.7; 17th in the long jump, 6.07 meters.
• Brandon White (Lewis men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 36th at the NCAA Division II Midwest/Central Regional May 6-8 in Kenosha, Wis., with a three-round score of 223, 7-over-par (75 in the first round, 72 in the second, 76 in the final).
• Chris O’Connor (Marian men’s track, Jr.) — notes: seventh in the high jump at the Cardinal Twilight Classic last Friday in Louisville, 6-6.
Weekly stats are from Monday, May 6 to this past Sunday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at @NT_KevinHarris.