GAMES TO WATCH — TUESDAY-THURSDAY
GAME OF THE WEEK
BOYS — Providence at Crawford County
• Day/Time: Tuesday, 7:30 p.m.
• Records: Providence 10-1, Crawford County 10-2
• Rankings: Providence — Class 2A No. 4; Crawford County — Class 2A No. 17.
• Last year: At Providence 48, Crawford County 33 (regular season); Providence 54, Crawford County 46 (sectional).
• Last 10 years: Providence 2-0.
• Analysis: Crawford’s gloomy gym is always an advantage. It probably won’t matter against the Pioneers. The Wolfpack have some size to match up with Providence. That’s probably not going to matter either. The Pack are pretty good. They’ll be an outside threat for the sectional title as the host of Class 2A Sectional 46. But they’re probably not good enough to beat a really good Pioneer team (not on Tuesday, not in the sectional) that proved how good they were in nearly knocking off Jeffersonville. No, this Providence team has big things ahead of them and it won’t be derailed — even against an admittedly good team in an admittedly tough environment.
• Greg’s Pick: Providence 54, Crawford County 43.
GIRLS — Christian Academy at Henryville
• Time: 7:30 p.m.
• Records: Christian Academy 3-10, Henryville 9-6.
• Last year: Henryville 39, at Christian Academy 26.
• Last 10 years: Henryville 15-3.
• Analysis: This is a Henryville team that has the potential to be really good in the coming years. I have no idea if it’s even a possibility, but if the Hornets can move back down to Class A, a second (and possibly third) sectional championship could be in their future.
• Greg’s Pick: Henryville 58, Christian Academy 30.
GIRLS — Charlestown at New Albany
• Time: 7:30 p.m.
• Radio: WNAS-88.1 FM
• Records: Charlestown 7-8, New Albany 7-8.
• Last year: New Albany 51, at Charlestown 31.
• Last 10 years: New Albany 4-1.
• Analysis: Charlestown is sizzling, having won four straight and five of its last six after a 2-7 start. New Albany senior Tanner Marcum is white hot, scoring 30 points each night like it’s nothing. If the Pirates can slow down Marcum, they could move to .500 — impressive consider their start. But Marcum goes crazy again and the Bulldogs win a close one.
• Greg’s Pick: New Albany 59, Charlestown 54.