> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
Cristian Ensley pitched eight innings, allowing just two runs, as Providence defeated South Central 3-2 in nine innings on Tuesday.
Ensley surrendered just one earned run and Ryan Mueller picked up the win by pitching the ninth.
Andrew Hunt led off the ninth inning with a single and went to second on a Jacob Quinkert sacrifice bunt. Justin Starr then delivered a game-winning double to left field to give Providence a 9-2 mark on the season.
South Central fell to 10-2.
The Pioneers go to South Oldham (Ky.) on Saturday for a doubleheader.
• Pirates fall to Madison: On Tuesday, host Charlestown suffered its second loss this week in a 7-2 setback to Madison. Sophomore Colin Martin was the losing pitcher.
NEXT: Charlestown (12-4) will host Clarksville, Thursday.
• Borden earns 6-4 SAC win: Caitlin McKinley went 2 for 4 to help Borden beat South Central 6-4 in a Southern Athletic Conference contest on Tuesday. Danielle Williams was 1 for 2 and Kayla Shouse went 1 for 3 with an RBI for the Braves.
NEXT: Borden hosts Crothersville, Saturday.
• New Albany picked up Muhlenberg County (Ky.) on its schedule. The game is scheduled for Friday at 8:30 p.m. at Butler High School. The Bulldogs’ contest against Bloomington South has been rescheduled for Friday, May 3 at 4:30 p.m. at South.
• New Albany at Clarksville baseball was postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
• Jeffersonville at Clarksville softball was postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
• Providence at North Harrison baseball was postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
• Charlestown’s home softball game against West Washington was postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
• Corydon Central at New Albany tennis was postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
— News and Tribune