> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
WEEK 9 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Darien Noel, Providence: Noel only touched the ball three times, but had finished with 115 yards and scored on touchdown runs of 37 and 15 yards. He also had a 35-yard interception return for a touchdown in the Pioneers’ 62-12 victory in Friday’s Clarksville City Championship.
WEEK 9 DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Matt Myers, Charlestown: Myers had five solo tackles, five assists, a quarterback sack and three tackles for loss as the Pirates’ pitched their fifth shutout of the season — 64-0 over Eastern — on Friday.
OTHER WEEK 9 STARS
• Shawn Rouson, Jeffersonville: In the place of injured Austin Hines, Rouson carried the ball 12 times for 162 yards, including an 80-yard TD in the Devils’ 33-7 win over Jennings County.
• Brandon Stout, Floyd Central: Stout caught three passes for 59 yards, threw a 10-yard TD pass to Garry Posey and had an interception in the Highlanders’ 35-34 win over New Albany.
• Antonyo Gaddie, Charlestown: The Pirate freshman ran for 96 yards and threw for 34 in Friday’s 64-0 win over Eastern.
• Brooks Howell, Silver Creek: Howell threw for 269 yards and three touchdowns in the Dragons’ 45-28 loss to Lawrenceburg.
• Dalton Adkins, Jeffersonville: On offense, Adkins caught a 26-yard TD pass from Jamal Britt. On defense, he had 12 total tackles, including four solos, in the Red Devils’ win over Jennings County.
• Gaige Klingsmith, Floyd Central: Klingsmith rushed for 160 yards on 35 carries in the Highlanders’ triumph over Floyd County rival New Albany.
• Zach Donan, New Albany: The Bulldogs QB rushed for a pair of touchdowns in the loss to Floyd.
• Brandon Coleman, Jeffersonville: Coleman had eight tackles and an interception in the Devils’ victory over Jennings County.
• Nick Uhl, Floyd Central: Uhl carried seven times for 110 yards, including the first score in Floyd’s win over rival New Albany.