CLASS 5A SECTIONAL 14
JENNINGS COUNTY AT FLOYD CENTRAL
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Ron Weigleb Stadium.
• RECORDS: Floyd Central 7-2, Jennings County 3-6.
• SERIES RECORD: Floyd Central leads 32-6.
• SERIES STREAK: Floyd Central has won 14 in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 11, 2012 at Weigleb Stadium — Floyd Central 54, Jennings County 30.
• KEY FACTS: Highlanders’ coach Brian Glesing is a perfect 8-0 against the Panthers since he took the reins at Floyd Central in 2007. The closest Glesing has come to losing to Jennings was in the 2010 regular season at Jennings as the Highlanders won 37-36. … Floyd Central ranks second in Class 5A in scoring at 44 points per game. The Highlanders also are ninth in 5A in average final margin at 9.2 points per contest.
• ANALYSIS: If Floyd Central rushes for 439 yards like it did versus the Panthers in the regular-season meeting, the Highlanders should advance to a sectional championship game for the third time in five seasons.
CLASS 4A SECTIONAL 24
SILVER CREEK AT EVANSVILLE REITZ
• TIME: 8 p.m.
• PLACE: Reitz Bowl.
• RECORDS: Silver Creek 4-6, Evansville Reitz 7-3.
• SERIES RECORD: First meeting.
• KEY FACTS: The Dragons have a 5-2 record when they have scored 40 or more points in the last three seasons. They earned their first-ever sectional victory last Friday with a 49-41 home win over Boonville in the first round of Sectional 24. … The Panthers have won 11 of their last 12 sectional contests since 2009. That includes three sectional championships in that span.
• ANALYSIS: It will be Silver Creek’s first experience in making the dreaded two-hour bus drive down Interstate 64 to Evansville to play a game, which a few area teams have made over the years. It also will be the Dragons’ first visit to the 92-year-old Reitz Bowl, which has a seating capacity of more than 10,000 and will be the largest stadium Silver Creek has ever played in. This game will test the Dragons mentally due to the bus trip, the atmosphere and playing against one of the most tradition-rich programs in Southern Indiana. They must display lots of mental toughness if they are to knock off Reitz.