> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Tyler Byrne (Louisville men’s track, North Harrison graduate, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 3,000-meter run at the American Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in New York, 8:16.27, personal record; notes: third in the 5,000, 14:32.36.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — top performance: team-high 18 points, shooting 7-of-14 from the floor, 1-of-5 from 3-point range and 3-of-3 from the free-throw line, in the Titans’ 73-68 loss at Roosevelt (Ill.) on Feb. 24; season-ending stats: 8.5 points per game, 1.9 rebounds per game; team records: 12-18 overall, 8-11 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: team-high 18 points, shooting 6-of-14 from the field, 2-of-4 from 3-point range and 4-of-7 from the free-throw line, game-high six assists and four rebounds in the Titans’ 73-68 loss at Roosevelt (Ill.) in the first round of the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament on Feb. 24; season-ending stats: 12.5 points per game, 2.8 rebounds per game, 78 assists, 30 steals; team records: 12-18 overall, 8-11 CCAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 10th in the mile run at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Indoor Championships last Friday and Saturday in Indianapolis, 4:27.43; 10th in the distance medley relay, 10:43.1.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 2 doubles loss (8-0) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 setback at Southern Indiana last Friday; team record: 1-2.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-for-7, two RBIs; notes: 1-for-1 with two RBIs in the Patriots’ 7-5 home victory over Pikeville (Ky.) last Friday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 7-9 overall, 2-1 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 1 singles loss (6-0, 6-2) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-5) in the Bisons’ 5-2 victory at Morehead State last Thursday; team record: 6-3.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: four rebounds and two points in the Panthers’ 91-85 home victory over Principia last Tuesday; season-ending stats: 1.7 points per game, 1.6 rebounds per game; team records: 15-10 overall, 11-7 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Sr.) — top performance: second in the 5,000 at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 17:33.59, NCAA Division II provisional mark; second in the 3,000, 10:21.79; Wilson earned All-GLVC second-team honors.