> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — notes: eight points and three rebounds in the Red Wolves’ 96-78 loss at Cincinnati Christian last Tuesday in the first round of the KIAC Tournament; season-ending stats: 13 points per game, five rebounds per game, 48 assists, 33 steals; team records: 11-20 overall, 7-10 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Justin Batliner (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 6 singles victory (6-3, 6-4) and No. 1 doubles loss (8-1) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 setback at Southern Indiana last Friday; team record: 1-2.
• Olivia Boesing (Louisville women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 6 singles loss (7-5, 7-6) in 6-1 home victory over Eastern Kentucky last Friday; team records: 7-2 overall, 2-0 American Athletic Conference.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, So.) — notes: Dresner collected All-Big East Conference honors at the conference meet Feb. 19-22.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 60th at the Las Vegas Desert Classic on Sunday and Monday with a two-round score of 157 (77 in the first round, 80 in the final).
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — season-ending stats: 1.9 points per game, 1.7 rebounds per game; team records: 16-12 overall, 11-6 KIAC.
• Alex Martin (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 5 singles win (2-6, 7-5, 1-0(10-6)) and No. 2 doubles loss (8-0) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 setback at Southern Indiana last Friday; team record: 1-2.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-for-7; notes: 1-for-3 in the Skyhawks’ 4-1 loss to College of Charleston (S.C.) at the University of Central Florida Holiday Inn Tournament on Sunday; team record: 5-10-1.
• Alyssa Moore (Southern Indiana women’s track, Fr.) — notes: fifth in the distance medley relay at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 12:47.37; 11th in the 1,600 relay, 4:21.41.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 8.7 points per game, 8-13 field goals, 1-3 3-pointers, 9-14 free throws, 23 assists, 11 rebounds, two steals; top performance: 13 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the floor, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 2-of-3 from the stripe, game-high 11 assists and four rebounds in the Paladins’ 78-68 home victory over Georgia Southern on Sunday; notes: Morrissey’s game-high five assists in Furman’s 71-66 win at Elon on Feb. 24 gave her the program’s single-season assist record; She continues to lead the Southern Conference in assists; team records: 18-11 overall, 12-6 Southern.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision in a relief outing in the Panthers’ 6-5 loss to Capital (Ohio) last Tuesday at the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational in Winter Haven, Fla., two innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, one strikeout, one walk; team record: 2-5; Powers’ record: 0-1.
• Jennifer Smith (Bellarmine women’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: .5 points per game, 0-3 field goals, 1-2 free throws, two rebounds; notes: one point and one rebound in the Knights’ 71-58 loss at Southern Indiana last Thursday; season-ending stats: 3.3 points per game, two rebounds per game; team records: 13-14 overall, 9-9 GLVC.
• Jacob Snodgrass (Olney Central baseball, Fr.) — top performance: 7-for-17, five RBIs, three runs scored, two doubles, one triple; top performance: 3-for-4 with a double, a run scored and an RBI in the Blue Knights’ 6-2 victory at Roane State Community College last Thursday; team record: 8-1.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, So.) — notes: 0-of-1 from the free-throw line, one rebound and one blocked shot in the Grenadiers’ 83-71 loss to Cincinnati Christian in the KIAC Tournament championship game on Saturday in Pippa Passes, Ky.; team records: 25-4 overall, 17-0 KIAC.