> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• William Barber (Spalding men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: eight points per game, 5-22 field goals, 1-8 3-pointers, 5-6 free throws, six rebounds, six assists, three steals; top performance: team-high 14 points, shooting 4-of-13 from the floor, 1-of-5 from 3-point range and 5-of-6 from the line, five rebounds, game-high five assists and two steals in the Golden Eagles’ 64-54 home victory over Westminster (Mo.) in the SLIAC Tournament semifinals last Thursday; notes: Barber has made the All-SLIAC first team; team records: 19-8 overall, 16-2 SLIAC.
• Maddy Bellew (Ottawa women’s tennis, So.) — notes: No. 2 singles loss (6-1, 6-1) and No. 2 doubles setback (8-1) in the Braves’ 9-0 loss at McKendree last Friday; team record: 0-4.
• Ashley Cochran (Hanover softball, Sr.) — notes: 1-for-1 with a run scored in the Panthers’ 12-8 loss to Alma (Mich.) last Tuesday in the first game of a doubleheader at the Dot Richardson Spring Games in Clermont, Fla.; no-decision outing in Hanover‘s 3-2 victory over Johnson (Vt.) State last Friday at the Dot Richardson Spring Games, five innings pitched, four strikeouts; team record: 6-4; Cochran’s record: 0-1.
• Kamaren Cole (Danville Area Community College women’s basketball, So.) — top performance: 13 points, shooting 3-of-13 from the field, 0-of-6 from 3-point range and 7-of-8 from the free-throw line, team-high four steals and two assists in the Jaguars’ 70-57 home victory over John Wood Community College on Saturday; team records: 21-9 overall, 9-1 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Kayton Cole (Danville Area Community College women’s basketball, So.) — top performance: 13 points, shooting 4-of-9 from the floor, 2-of-6 from 3-point range and 3-of-4 from the free-throw line, team-high four assists, three rebounds and three steals in the Jaguars’ 70-57 home win over John Wood Community College on Saturday; notes: Danville clinched a share of the Mid-West Athletic Conference title with Saturday’s triumph; team records: 21-9 overall, 9-1 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4-for-17, three runs scored, three stolen bases, three RBIs, two doubles, one home run; top performance: 3-for-5 with two doubles, one homer, three RBIs, two runs scored and a stolen base in the Cardinals’ 4-3 victory at Liberty on Sunday; team record: 9-3.
• Donnie Hale (Bellarmine men’s basketball, So.) — notes: two points in the Knights’ 82-69 home win over William Jewell on Sunday in the first round of the GLVC Tournament; team records: 21-6 overall, 12-6 GLVC.
• Parker Henes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one rebound in the Grenadiers’ 78-69 triumph over Berea in the KIAC Tournament semifinals last Friday in Pippa Passes, Ky.; team records: 25-4 overall, 17-0 KIAC.
• Alissa Knable (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 12th in the 5,000 at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 18:41.44.
• Bailey Knable (Southern Indiana women’s track, Fr.) — notes: 22nd in the mile run at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 5:37.95.
• Kyle Landrum (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 singles record, 1-0 doubles record: notes: No. 3 doubles win (9-7) and No. 5 singles loss (2-6, 7-5, 1-0(10-6)) in the Screaming Eagles’ 7-2 home victory over IU Southeast last Friday; team record: 8-1.
• Hannah Manger (Purdue women’s swimming, Fr.) — notes: first in the 50-yard freestyle time trial at the Boiler-Make-It Women’s Meet on Saturday in West Lafayette, 23.95; fourth in the 100 free preliminaries, 51.87; fifth in the 100 butterfly prelims, 55.42.
• Jordy Martin (Rose-Hulman men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: six points per game, 5-6 field goals, 2-3 3-pointers, seven assists, five rebounds; notes: six points, game-high six assists and three rebounds in the Engineers’ 70-56 home victory over Hanover in the HCAC Tournament championship on Saturday; notes: For the third consecutive season, Rose-Hulman won the HCAC Tournament title and qualified for the NCAA Division III tournament; team records: 22-5 overall, 15-3 HCAC.
• Scootie Middleton (Thomas More men’s track, So.) — notes: eighth in the triple jump at the Presidents’ Athletic Conference Indoor Championships last Thursday in Youngstown, Ohio, 39-5 3-4; 12th in the long jump, 19-2; 13th in the 60 dash preliminaries, 7.47; 16th in the 200, 24.25.
• Jermaine Parrish (Louisville men’s track, Fr.) — notes: sixth in the 60 dash finals at the American Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in New York, 6.92; sixth in the 60 dash preliminaries, 6.92.
• TeNale Roland (Utah State men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: six points per game, 3-11 field goals, 2-6 3-pointers, 4-5 free throws, eight rebounds, eight assists, three steals; notes: nine points, seven rebounds, game-high four assists and game-high three steals in the Aggies’ 75-58 home victory at San Jose State on Saturday; Saturday’s win was the 600th career victory for Utah State coach Stew Morrill; team records: 16-13 overall, 6-11 Mountain West Conference.
• A.J. Schmidt (McKendree men’s basketball, So.) — notes: three points and two rebounds in the Bearcats’ 78-61 loss at Illinois-Springfield last Thursday; season-ending stats: 1.2 points per game, 1.1 rebounds per game; team records: 9-17 overall, 3-15 GLVC.
• Alex Stewart (Western Kentucky men’s tennis, So.) — notes: No. 5 singles loss (6-1, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles setback (8-3) in the Hilltoppers’ 6-1 loss at Morehead State on Saturday; team record: 2-3.
• Brandy Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, Jr.) — notes: fourth in the balance beam in a quadrangular meet last Friday at North Carolina State that included Pittsburgh and Maryland, 9.800; 20th in the floor exercise, 9.625.
• Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, So.) — top performance: first in the balance beam in a quadrangular meet last Friday at North Carolina State that included Pittsburgh and Maryland, 9.850; notes: second in the vault, 9.875; third in the all-around, 39.025; 16th in the uneven parallel bars, 9.650; 19th in the floor exercise, 9.650; Stover’s score in the vault ranks third all-time in program history and her all-around score is the fourth-highest in program history; Stover was named the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Co-Gymnast of the Week last Thursday; it is the fourth time this season she has earned Gymnast of the Week honors.
• Jordan Striegel (Louisville baseball, Fr.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Cardinals’ 6-2 home loss to Indiana on Saturday; team record: 8-3.
• Adam Togami (Wabash men’s track, So.) — top performance: fifth in the mile at the Anderson University Fred Wilt Indoor Invitational on Saturday, 4:30.95; notes: 20th in the 3,000, 10:41.91; The Little Giants won the meet with 101 points.
• Brett Wehmiller (Indiana State men’s track, So.) — notes: 17th in the 60 dash preliminaries at the Missouri Valley Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Cedar Falls, Iowa; The Sycamores won the meet with 151 points.
• Chris Whitehead (Fordham men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: five points per game, 3-5 field goals, 4-8 free throws; notes: eight points in the Rams’ 85-66 home loss to VCU last Thursday; team records: 9-18 overall, 2-12 Atlantic 10 Conference.