> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Johnnie Guy (Southern Indiana men’s cross country, North Harrison graduate, So.) — top performance: first at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Championship on Saturday in St. Louis, 23:46; notes: The Screaming Eagles claimed the conference championship with 24 points; notes: Guy earned the GLVC Runner of the Year award after the meet and made the All-GLVC team.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: 22 points in the Titans’ 97-87 exhibition loss at St. Joseph’s on Saturday.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s cross country, Fr.) — notes: 68th at the GLVC Championship on Saturday in St. Louis, 26:58.
• Rachel Boesing (Asbury volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: three blocks, three kills, three digs, two assists; notes: three kills and three digs in the Eagles’ 3-0 home win over Kentucky State last Friday; team records: 29-7 overall, 8-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s cross country, Jr.) — top performance: second at the GLVC Championship on Saturday in St. Louis, 21:37; notes: Wilson made the All-GLVC team; the Screaming Eagles captured the conference title with 56 points; Wilson was named the GLVC Runner of the Week, marking the second time in her career she has won the honor.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 3-0 singles record, 2-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 3 singles win (6-0, 6-0) and No. 1 doubles victory (8-1) in the Grenadiers’ 5-0 win over Carlow in the KIAC Tournament quarterfinals last Friday in New Albany; notes: Batliner made the All-KIAC team; the Grenadiers won their 15th consecutive KIAC Tournament title on Saturday with a 5-4 home win over Brescia; IU Southeast clinched a spot in the NAIA national tournament next May in Mobile, Ala.; team records: 12-2 overall, 8-0 KIAC.
• Olivia Boesing (Louisville women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: 2-1 singles record and 1-2 doubles mark at the Green and White Invitational last weekend in East Lansing, Mich.
• Kyle Bramble (Dartmouth football, So.) — notes: two receptions for 48 yards and one touchdown (44 yards) and three rushes for 8 yards in the Big Green’s 56-0 home victory over Columbia on Saturday; team records: 3-3 overall, 2-1 Ivy League.
• Rebekah Burgan (Parkland women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Burgan made an assist on fellow Floyd Central graduate Ali Host’s goal in the Cobras’ 5-1 home victory on Sunday in the first round of the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 24 Tournament; team record: 14-4.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — top performance: 17 digs and 14 kills in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 home victory over UNC-Charlotte on Saturday; notes: Der reached the 1,100 career kill mark versus the 49ers; team records: 13-11 overall, 7-2 Conference USA.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, So.) — notes: five kills and five digs in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 home victory at Louisiana-Monroe last Friday; team records: 20-5 overall, 10-1 Sun Belt Conference.
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Eagles’ 1-0 home win over Point Park on Saturday; with the win, Asbury clinched the KIAC regular-season title and the No. 1 seed in the KIAC Tournament; team records: 8-8 overall, 5-0 KIAC.
• Ali Host (Parkland women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Host kicked in a goal on an assist from teammate and fellow Floyd Central graduate Rebekah Burgan in the Cobras’ 5-1 home win over Illinois Central on Sunday in the opening round of the NJCAA Region 24 Tournament; team record: 14-4.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, Jr.) — notes: one reception for 33 yards, which was a touchdown catch, in the Grizzlies’ 64-14 victory at Rose-Hulman on Saturday; team records: 5-2 overall, 5-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, So.) — notes: Laird started at defender in the Norse’s two home victories last week against East Tennessee State and Jacksonville last week and their double-overtime scoreless tie at home against IUPUI on Oct. 21; team records: 7-3-6 overall, 4-1-1 Atlantic Sun Conference.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, So.) — notes: one dig in the Hoosiers’ 3-2 win at Michigan State on Saturday; team records: 9-12 overall, 1-9 Big Ten.
• Alyssa Moore (Southern Indiana women’s cross country, Fr.) — notes: 91st at the GLVC Championship on Saturday in St. Louis, 24:40.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, So.) — weekly stats: four shots, two shots on goal; notes: two shots and two shots on goal in the Mocs’ 3-0 loss at Elon last Friday; team records: 5-12 overall, 0-9 Southern Conference.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, Jr.) — notes: Shireman started at defender in the Tigers’ 2-0 loss at St. Catharine (Ky.) last Tuesday and their 5-0 home victory against Bryan (Tenn.) on Saturday; team records: 10-4-1 overall, 5-3 Mid-South Conference.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 68 assists, 15 digs, six kills, three aces; top performance: match-high 37 assists, five digs and three kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 victory at Louisiana-Monroe last Friday; notes: Stutsman earned Sun Belt Setter of the Week honors on Oct. 21; it was the sixth time this season that the Floyd Central product has won the award; team records: 20-5 overall, 10-1 Sun Belt.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 51 assists, 20 digs, five aces; top performance: team-high 24 assists, seven digs and match-high four aces in the Golden Eagles’ 3-2 win over Greenville (Ill.) on Saturday at the Southern Indiana Sports Center in New Albany; team records: 15-11 overall, 9-6 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.