> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — bi-weekly stats: 5.8 points per game, 8-of-18 field goals, 4-of-7 3-pointers, 3-of-5 free throws, 10 rebounds, four steals; top performance: 15 points, shooting 6-of-12 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range, five rebounds and two steals in the Red Wolves’ 69-68 home win over Brescia in the first round of the KIAC Tournament on Saturday; notes: Banet hit the eventual game-winning 3-pointer against Brescia with 24.5 seconds left in regulation; team records: 21-11 overall, 10-5 KIAC.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — bi-weekly stats: 4-for-13, two runs scored, one RBI; 0-1 record, 6 1/3 innings pitched, four runs allowed (two earned), seven hits, two strikeouts, one walk; top performance: 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI in the Grenadiers’ 8-0 home victory in five innings last Friday in the first game of a doubleheader; team record: 1-3; Batliner’s record: 0-1.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Jr.) — notes: 22nd in the 800 at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 2:02.74.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — bi-weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 5 singles win (6-1, ret.) and No. 2 doubles victory (8-5) in the Screaming Eagles’ 4-3 loss on Saturday at Austin Peay State; team record: 3-2.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 24th in the 800 at the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis, 2:04.75.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — notes: 14th in the 100 breaststroke at the Atlantic 10 Conference Championships last Wednesday through Saturday in Geneva, Ohio, 1:06.36.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — bi-weekly stats: 0-for-6; notes: McClure has played in five games during the past two weeks; team record: 7-6.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — bi-weekly stats: 0-for-3, one run scored; notes: one run scored in the Buckeyes’ 11-4 victory over Stony Brook in the Jacksonville (Fla.) University Tournament on Sunday, Feb. 17; team record: 9-6.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — notes: one assists in the Jaguars’ 82-65 home win over Lincoln Land Community College on Saturday; team records: 26-3 overall, 9-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — bi-weekly stats: four points per game, 3-of-13 field goals, 2-of-7 3-pointers, 8-of-8 free throws, 18 assists, eight rebounds, two steals; top performance: 10 points, shooting 2-of-6 from the field, 2-of-3 from 3-point range and 4-of-4 from the line, game-high five assists and two rebounds in the Paladins’ 68-58 loss on Monday, Feb. 11 at Appalachian State; team records: 11-15 overall, 7-10 Southern Conference.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two rebounds in IU Southeast’s 85-70 victory on Saturday, Feb. 16 at Asbury; team records: 26-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — bi-weekly stats: 2.7 points per game, 3-of-6 field goals, 2-of-2 free throws, 15 rebounds, two assists; top performance: game-high 11 rebounds, four points and two assists in the Grenadiers’ 85-70 win on Saturday, Feb. 16 at Asbury; notes: the Grenadiers recently captured the outright Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference regular-season title; team records: 26-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.