> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
Lexi Kiper collected and eventual game-winning RBI single in a three-run bottom of the sixth inning to lead host Silver Creek past Clarksville on Tuesday, 5-4.
Kiper went 2-for-2, while teammate Gabby Jones was 2-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI.
The Dragons’ Shayla Cravens was the winning pitcher, while Clarksville pitcher Bailey Sharp suffered the loss.
NEXT: Silver Creek (10-3, 5-0 Mid-Southern Conference) will host North Harrison, Thursday, April 25; Clarksville (4-6) will host Charlestown, Thursday.
• Bulldogs top Pirates: On Monday at Prosser Field, Brook McCoy smacked a game-winning single in the bottom of the seventh to plate Brittany Jones in host New Albany’s 1-0 victory over Charlestown. The Bulldogs’ Hannah Morton tossed a three-hit shutout to get the win.
NEXT: New Albany at Jeffersonville, today; Charlestown (4-2) at Clarksville, Thursday.
Highlanders top Meade County: The Floyd Central baseball team remained undefeated on Tuesday night with a 12-2 victory in six innings over Meade County (Ky.) at Highlander Field.
Four Highlanders collected three hits apiece. Junior Ross Lundy and sophomores Trey Fulton and Colton Kimm each went 3-for-3, while senior Jacob Snodgrass was 3-for-4. Fulton hit a home run.
Floyd Central starting pitcher Kyle Beach was the winning pitcher, giving up two runs in the first two innings.
“We picked up where we left off from last week,” Highlanders’ coach Casey LaDuke said. “It was the second straight game where we were down after the first inning and came back and won. That was good to see.”
NEXT: Floyd Central (12-0) at Providence, Friday.
• Pioneers roll past Louisville Southern: Nick Campbell and George Knott each smacked three hits to lead Providence past host Louisville Southern on Tuesday, 11-0. Pioneers’ starting pitcher Cristian Ensley threw a two-hit shutout, striking out six and walking two.
NEXT: Providence (7-1) hosts Clarksville, today.
• Dragons win tri-meet at Hidden Creek: Medalist Sam Garr shot an even-par 35 on Tuesday at Hidden Creek Golf Club’s Links 9 course to lead Silver Creek to a triangular-meet victory over Charlestown and New Washington. The Dragons fired a team score of 164, followed by the Pirates (189) and the Mustangs (231).
Rounding out the scoring for Silver Creek were Cody Zimmerman with a 40, Nick Tinsley with a 44 and Ryan Baker with a 45.
Senior Chris Braun led Charlestown with a 40, followed by teammate Andrew Shaw with a 42. Matt Wilson paced New Washington with a 50.
NEXT: Silver Creek, Borden at Henryville (Champions Pointe), Thursday, April 25; Charlestown at Madison (Sunrise), Thursday; New Washington, Christian Academy, Crawford County at South Central (Chariot Run), next Wednesday.
• Pioneers edge Panthers: Mitchell Allender shot an even-par 36 to win medalist honors and lead Providence past Corydon Central at Covered Bridge Golf Club on Tuesday, 152-154. The Pioneers’ Cory Cahalan and Robert Waiz each carded a 38 and teammate Max Hupp had a 40.
NEXT: Providence at Madison Shawe Invitational (Sunrise) and Legends Spring Preview (Legends), Saturday.
• Highlanders beat Madison: Medalist Devin Jenkins fired a 34 to lead host Floyd Central past Madison on Tuesday at Valley View Golf Club, 148-161. The Highlanders’ Daniel Shepard carded a 35, while teammate Connor Welch shot a 38.
NEXT: Floyd Central hosts Jeffersonville (Valley View), today.