> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Floyd Central graduate, Sr.) - top performance: first at the Wisconsin-Parkside Spring Invitational last Sunday and Monday in Columbus with a two-round score of 143, 1-under-par (72 in the first round, 71 in the final); notes: it was the first time in Frank’s collegiate career he has earned medalist honors in a tournament; his score of 143 is a personal-best; the Greyhounds won the invite with a team score of 586; 11th at the Butler Spring Invitational on March 24 in Avon with a one-round score of 75, 1-over; fifth in a home dual-meet loss to Ferris State on March 28 in Noblesville with a one-round score of 74, 2-over.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) - top performance: No. 1 doubles win (8-6) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 home victory over Oakland City on Monday; team records: 4-3 overall, 2-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun baseball, Fr.) - recent stats: 6-for-18, five runs scored, four RBIs, one double; top performance: 2-for-3 with a double, a run scored and an RBI in the Warhawks’ 8-3 home loss to Snead State Community College last Saturday in the second game of a doubleheader; team records: 19-15 overall, 7-5 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Nathaniel Jones (Southeastern Illinois baseball, Fr.) - recent stats: 9-for-17, three RBIs, one run scored, one double, one stolen base; top performance: 3-for-5 with a double, two RBIs and a run scored in the Falcons’ 12-6 home win over Morthland on March 26; team records: 11-18 overall, 1-9 Great Rivers Athletic Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) - recent stats: 3-for-15, three RBIs; top performance: 2-for-4 with two RBIs in the Patriots’ 3-1 victory at Rio Grande last Sunday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 18-14 overall, 10-5 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) - weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 0-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles victory (6-1, 6-1) in the Bisons’ 6-0 win at Tennessee State on March 28; team record: 9-7.