AREA BELLARMINE PLAYERS
• GRADE: Senior.
• POSITION: Infielder.
• HIGH SCHOOL: Jeffersonville.
• THIS YEAR’S STATS: .250 batting average (4-of-16) in 11 games.
• NOTES: Pierce has primarily came off the bench as a pinch hitter this season.
• PIERCE SAYS: “It’s been a good season. We started off a little rough at the beginning of the year. We were getting used to a new coach and a new staff. But we’ve adjusted. Now, we’ve kind of gotten our stuff together. We’re on the same page and playing some good ball. We’ve won a few games and we’re doing a lot better now. It’s been one of my favorite years.”
• GRADE: Junior.
• POSITION: Right-handed pitcher.
• HIGH SCHOOL: Providence.
• THIS YEAR’S STATS: 2-3 record, 3.44 ERA, 17 strikeouts.
• NOTES: Dixon has mainly been a relief pitcher throughout his Knights’ career. But he has started four games this season.
• DIXON SAYS: “I’ve had to throw a lot of innings this season, more than last year and the year before. There is more expected of me this year, being an upperclassmen. [New Bellarmine coach Larry Owens] is more positive. If you make an error, he doesn’t get mad at you. He likes to use the quote that we’re all human and we’re going to make mistakes.”
• GRADE: Freshman.
• POSITION: Left-handed pitcher.
• HIGH SCHOOL: Providence
• THIS YEAR’S STATS: 0-0 record, 9.00 ERA, five appearances.
• NOTES: Hunt has primarily been used as a relief pitcher this season.
• HUNT SAYS: “I just come in for a couple of innings, helping the guys out. As a freshman, I really didn’t expect much playing time. But I’ve gotten my share. As the season progresses, I think I’ve gotten better. [The college game is] a little more faster. You’ve got to pick it up a little bit. Up here, you’re facing a lot of good talent. Every person can hit and every person can throw.”