> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Phil Forbis (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Knights’ 5-4 home loss to Rockhurst last Friday in Game 2 of a doubleheader, 2 2/3 innings pitched, five runs allowed (all earned), six hits, three walks, two strikeouts; team records: 7-9 overall, 3-3 GLVC; Forbis’ record: 1-2.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 6-for-14, four RBIs, two runs scored, one double, one triple, one home run; top performance: 2-for-5 with a double, a homer, one run scored and two RBIs in the Cardinals’ 2-1 home win in 10 innings over Akron last Friday; notes: Godfrey hit a game-winning double in the bottom of the 10th to drive in the victorious run; team records: 11-10 overall, 1-2 Mid-American Conference.
• Donnie Hale (Purdue men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: five points and three rebounds in the Boilermakers’ 81-67 home win over Western Illinois last Wednesday in the first round of the College Basketball Invitational; team records: 16-17 overall, 8-10 Big Ten.
• Jason Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: 10th in the 1,500 at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational last Friday, 4:24.08.
• Mathew Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: sixth in the 800 at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational last Friday, 2:06.72.
• Scootie Middleton (Thomas More men’s track, Fr.) — top performance: second in the long jump at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational last Friday, 20-2 1/2; notes: third in the 400 relay, 43.59; 10th in the 100, 11.78.
• TeNale Roland (Utah State men’s basketball, Jr.) — season-ending stats: 6.1 points per game, 2.5 rebounds per game, two assists per game; team records: 21-10 overall, 11-7 Western Athletic Conference.
• Jared Santana (Wabash men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 11th in the 10,000 at the Indiana Wesleyan Polar Bear Invitational on Saturday, 35:23.72.
• Alex Stewart (Western Kentucky men’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 2 doubles loss (8-1) in the Hilltoppers’ 4-0 setback at Lipscomb last Friday; team record: 3-9.
• Brandy Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, So.) — top performance: second in the balance beam at the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship on Saturday in Ithaca, N.Y., 9.825.