> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
COLUMBUS EAST AT JEFFERSONVILLE
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Blair Field.
• RECORDS: Jeff 4-3, 3-2 HHC; Columbus East 7-0, 5-0.
• SERIES RECORD: Columbus East leads 21-11.
• SERIES STREAK: Columbus East has won nine in a row and 12 of the last 13 meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 5, 2012 at Stafford Field — Columbus East 41, Jeff 6.
• KEY FACTS: The Red Devils’ current three-game losing streak is their longest since coach Lonnie Oldham took over the program in 2011. It is the longest skid Jeff has had since the 2010 season when it went 1-9 under former coach Bob Redman. Oldham was the Devils’ defensive coordinator that year. … If the Olympians win on Friday night, they will clinch a share of their 10th consecutive HHC championship. East has won 47 straight conference games with its last loss being 33-30 at Bedford North Lawrence in the 2006 regular-season finale.
• ANALYSIS: The Red Devils have the talent to stay with the Class 4A No. 1 Olympians. But they have struggled in the mental toughness department the last few weeks with several costly mistakes along with dealing with some injuries. Jeff must play an error-free game on Friday night if it is to beat East for the first time since 2003.
JENNINGS COUNTY AT FLOYD CENTRAL
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Ron Weigleb Stadium.
• RECORDS: Floyd Central 5-2, 4-1 HHC; Jennings County 3-4, 3-2.
• SERIES RECORD: Floyd Central leads 31-6.
• SERIES STREAK: Floyd Central has won 13 in a row and 28 of the last 29 matchups.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 5, 2012 at Jennings County — Floyd Central 12, Jennings County 8.
• KEY FACTS: In their five victories this year, the Highlanders have averaged 52.2 points per contest. In their two losses, they have scored 23 points a clip. … The Panthers’ last win over Floyd Central happened on Oct. 6, 2000 in North Vernon, 22-20. Jennings’ last victory in the Knobs came during the 1984 season, 26-0.
• ANALYSIS: If the Highlanders keep on running the ball like they have been in their five victories in 2013, they should improve to 6-2.