> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
JENNINGS COUNTY AT JEFFERSONVILLE
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Blair Field.
• RECORDS: Jeff 4-4, 3-3 HHC; Jennings County 3-5, 3-3.
• SERIES RECORD: Jeff leads 21-5.
• SERIES STREAK: Jeff has won two in a row and seven of the last nine meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 12, 2012 at Jennings County — Jeff 67, Jennings County 47.
• KEY FACTS: Jeff senior defensive back Damin Smith ranks third in Red Devil history in career unassisted tackles with 165. He had 10 solo tackles last week in Jeff’s 41-0 loss to Columbus East. … The Red Devils’ shutout setback last week was the first time they have been blanked in 39 games and the first time in coach Lonnie Oldham’s three-year tenure at Jeff. Prior to last Friday, the last time the Red Devils were shut out came in the 2010 season opener versus Bloomington North, 28-0.
• ANALYSIS: Jeff has got to get its running game going again, as it has averaged only 61.5 yards per game during its four-game losing streak. A lot of that will depend on if Austin Hines first plays, and second how effective he will be after batting a turf toe injury the past few weeks. The senior running back did not play against East because of the injury.
EASTERN AT CHARLESTOWN
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Dutch Reis Field.
• RECORDS: Charlestown 5-3, 5-1 Mid-Southern Conference; Eastern 2-6, 1-5.
• SERIES RECORD: Charlestown leads 6-0.
• SERIES STREAK: Charlestown has won six in a row.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 12, 2012 at Eastern — Charlestown 62, Eastern 7.
• KEY FACTS: The Pirates have held the Musketeers to single digits in five of their six meetings. From an offensive standpoint, Charlestown has averaged 49.7 points per contest in its brief series with Eastern. … The Pirates have a shot to clinch a piece of the MSC championship on Friday. They must beat the Musketeers, and MSC leader and Class 3A No. 5 Brownstown Central must lose at home to Corydon Central. If Charlestown and Corydon both win on Friday, then the Pirates, the Panthers and the Braves will each end up in a three-way tie for the conference title.
• ANALYSIS: Charlestown should be motivated after suffering a disappointing loss at Providence last Friday. Eastern needs to be ready and match the Pirates’ intensity.