NEW ALBANY —
CLASS 4A SECTIONAL 24
BOONVILLE AT SILVER CREEK
• TIME: 8 p.m.
• PLACE: Silver Creek High School.
• RECORDS: Silver Creek 3-6, Boonville 1-8.
• SERIES RECORD: First meeting.
• KEY FACTS: The Dragons have lost their two sectional games in program history by a combined score of 71-29. They lost at Salem in the first round of Class 3A Sectional 23 in 2011, 29-21. Last year, Creek fell at Corydon Central in the Sectional 23 opening round, 42-8. … Boonville is the first Class 4A school the Dragons have played in their brief history. In fact, the Pioneers are the first team in the upper three classes that Silver Creek has ever played.
• ANALYSIS: How will the Dragons react to playing in a higher class this season? That question has been asked all year and hopefully Dragon fans will get some answers on Friday night. Even though Boonville has had a bad season, it has an experience advantage over Silver Creek as far as what to expect in a Class 4A sectional.
CLASS 3A SECTIONAL 31
CORYDON CENTRAL AT CHARLESTOWN
• TIME: 7 p.m.
• PLACE: Dutch Reis Field.
• RECORDS: Charlestown 6-3, Corydon 6-3.
• SERIES RECORD: Charlestown leads 32-12.
• SERIES STREAK: Charlestown has won three in a row and four of the last five meetings.
• LAST MEETING: Oct. 4, 2013 at Dutch Reis Field — Charlestown 35, Corydon 0.
• KEY FACTS: The Pirates have outscored the Panthers in their last three meetings, 131-6 with two of the games being shutout wins. In fact in the last nine matchups between the Mid-Southern Conference rivals, Charlestown has blanked Corydon four times. … The Pirates have won four of their last five sectional contests. They won last year’s Class 3A Sectional 23 title by outscoring their three opponents, 193-16.
• ANALYSIS: If the Charlestown defense plays like it has for the majority of the season, it should enable the Pirates to advance to next week’s sectional semifinals.