> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Kamaren Cole (Danville Area Community College women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: six points, four assists and two steals in the Jaguars’ 83-44 home win over Lincoln Trail on Tuesday; team record: 4-1.
• Donnie Hale (Purdue men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 10 points per game, 13-of-21 field goals, 4-of-6 free throws, 10 rebounds, two blocks; top performance: team-high 15 points, shooting 7-of-12 from the field and 1-of-2 from the line, and four rebounds in the Boilermakers’ 70-65 home loss to Bucknell last Friday in the 2K Sports Classic; team record: 1-2.
• Parker Henes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: seven points per game, 7-of-8 field goals, six rebounds, two blocks; top performance: 10 points, shooting 5-of-6 from the field, and five rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 80-77 overtime win on Wednesday at Kentucky State; team record: 2-2.
• Jason Holcomb (Hanover men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 212th at the NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional last Saturday in Alexandria, 29:14.55.
• Mathew Holcomb (Hanover men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 226th at the NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional last Saturday in Alexandria, 29:52.33.
• Shelby Hoskins (Tennessee-Martin volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: eight kills, four blocks, two digs; notes: seven kills, two digs and two blocks in the Skyhawks’ 3-2 home loss to Jacksonville State last Saturday; season-ending stats: 195 kills, team-high 78 blocks, 22 aces; team records: 10-21 overall, 6-10 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Emily Knight (IU Southeast volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 29 digs; top performance: 18 digs in IU Southeast’s 3-2 win over Cincinnati Christian in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Tournament quarterfinals last Friday in Cincinnati; season-ending stats: 292 digs; team records: 17-15 overall, 7-3 KIAC.
• Tionna Peters (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one assist in the Grenadiers’ 73-61 win on Tuesday at Kentucky Christian; team record: 1-1.
• Melvin Posey (Georgetown (Ky.) football, Sr.) — top performance: five carries for 65 yards and one touchdown run (15 yards) in the Tigers’ 49-27 victory last Saturday at Virginia-Wise; notes: The victory clinched the outright Mid-South Conference championship for Georgetown. It hosts Bethel in the first round of the NAIA Football Championship Series today. team records: 10-0 overall, 5-0 Mid-South Conference.
• A.J. Schmidt (McKendree men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: four points per game, 4-of-8 field goals, 1-of-3 3-pointers, 3-of-6 free throws, seven rebounds, seven assists, three steals; top performance: 10 points, shooting 4-of-7 from the field, 1-of-3 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the stripe, and two rebounds in the Bearcats’ 86-72 loss on Wednesday at Lincoln (Mo.); team record: 0-3.
• Brandi Waller (Middle Tennessee State volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 25 kills, three digs, two blocks; top performance: team-high 17 kills in the Blue Raiders’ 3-1 loss to North Texas in the first round of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament in Bowling Green, Ky.; team records: 10-23 overall, 7-8 Sun Belt.
• Chris Whitehead (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 9.6 points per game, 17-of-53 field goals, 14-of-19 free throws, 25 assists, 20 rebounds, seven steals; top performance: team-high 17 points, shooting 8-of-13 from the floor and 1-of-2 from the line, game-high six assists, three rebounds and team-high two steals in the Jaguars’ 95-81 win over Rock Valley last Saturday at the Laker Classic in Mattoon, Ill.; team record: 7-1.