NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- Clark County Sports
- PHOTO GALLERY: Boys' basketball sectional semifinals Featured teams include New Albany, Charlestown, Silver Creek, Rock Creek, Christian Academy, and Borden.
CLASS 3A NORTH HARRISON SECTIONAL: Silver Creek upsets No. 6 Corydon, 74-51
Dragons will face No. 7 Brownstown in tonight’s title game
CLASS A BORDEN SECTIONAL: Rock Creek knocks off defending champs
CAI blows big lead against Lanesville
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: It’s Clarksville, Providence for the title
No. 2 Generals rip Eastern 67-45, Pioneers pull away from Henryville, 58-40
ON THE SPOT — GARRETT VICK: Borden senior eyeing another sectional title
Vick increased leadership role in 2013-14
CLASS 3A NORTH HARRISON SECTIONAL: Creek overcomes slow start, beats Madison
Dragons will face No. 8 Corydon in Friday’s semis
H.S. SOFTBALL: Jeff hires Jordan as new softball coach
New Devil skipper played at New Albany, Louisville
COLLEGE BASEBALL: Astle shuts down IU in first career start
Hoosiers top Xavier, 3-1
- PHOTO GALLERY: Opening night of boys' basketball sectional Boys' basketball sectionals opened on Tuesday night. Featured teams include New Albany, Jeffersonville, Floyd Central, Clarksville, Rock Creek, Christian Academy and New Washington.
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: Rivals Clarksville, Providence advance
Generals, Pioneers overcome tough tests to move into Friday’s semifinals
- More Clark County Sports Headlines