NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- Clark County Sports
H.S. BASEBALL: Bulldogs beat Jeff in 11 in instant classic
Smith’s RBI single gives New Albany 7-6 victory
HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL: New Albany beats Jeff for 10-0 start
Morton, Atkins leads Bulldogs to 4-1 victory in Jordan’s return
HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Dickey throws no-hitter as Pioneers beat Clarksville, 13-0
Floyd golf earns 164-193 victory at Jeffersonville
- HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS: Providence moving to synthetic turf
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Decker gambles in Creek’s 1-0 win
Borden fooled by hidden-ball trick to end the game
SOFTBALL: Providence hold on for city championship
Pioneers overcome errors for 8-7 win over Clarksville
FOOTBALL: Football returning to Scottsburg
School to have JV program next season
HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Silver Creek softball rallies past Corydon
Mattingly lifts Dragons to 4-3 win
H.S. ROUNDUP: Highlanders sweep New Albany, 5-0
Miller praises FC’s aggressiveness in win
COLLEGE BASEBALL: Owens has high hopes at Bellarmine
Jeff grad glad to be close to home
- More Clark County Sports Headlines
- H.S. BASEBALL: Bulldogs beat Jeff in 11 in instant classic