> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Tyler Byrne (Louisville men’s track, North Harrison graduate, Jr.) — notes: Byrne finished 19th in the 10,000-meter run at the NCAA Outdoor Championships on Wednesday in Eugene, Ore., 30:26.49; Byrne earned All-America honorable-mention status with his finish; it was Byrne’s first appearance in the NCAA Championships.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — notes: Banet made the IU East Chancellor’s List during the 2014 spring semester.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Sr.) — notes: Godfrey has made the American Baseball Coaches Association Rawlings All-Mideast Region first team; Godfrey was picked in the 22nd round of the Major League Baseball draft last Saturday by the Atlanta Braves; he was the 673rd overall selection.
• Josh Rogers (Louisville baseball, Fr.) — notes: Rogers and the Cardinals earned a berth in the College World Series last weekend by sweeping the Super Regional series with Kennesaw State at Jim Patterson Stadium in Louisville; team records: 50-15 overall, 19-5 American Athletic Conference.
• Jordan Striegel (Louisville baseball, Fr.) — notes: Striegel and the Cardinals will play Vanderbilt in the opening round of the College World Series at 8 tonight in Omaha, Neb.; the game will be televised on ESPN2 and broadcasted on radio on WNDA-1570 AM; team records: 50-15 overall, 19-5 AAC.
• Katy Flanagan (Spalding softball, Sr.) — notes: Flanagan recently made the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Spring All-Academic Team; Flanagan is currently in graduate school, studying occupational therapy.
• James Borengasser (Spalding men’s track, Borden native, Sr.) — notes: Borengasser recently earned a spot on the SLIAC Spring All-Academic Team.
Weekly stats are from Friday, June 6 to this past Thursday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at 812-206-2117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.