> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Borden graduate, Sr.) — bi-weekly stats: 13.3 points per game, 11-27 field goals, 1-6 3-pointers, 17-20 free throws, nine assists, eight rebounds, four steals; top performance: team-high 19 points, shooting 4-of-9 from the floor, 0-of-2 from 3-point range and 11-of-13 from the line, six rebounds, four assists and game-high three steals in the Titans’ 92-76 win at Purdue North Central on Dec. 19; team records: 6-8 overall, 2-2 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — bi-weekly stats: 7.7 points per game, 9-16 field goals, 1-2 3-pointers, 4-4 free throws, five rebounds, five assists, four steals; top performance: 10 points, shooting 5-of-7 from the field, and two rebounds in the Titans’ 92-76 victory at Purdue North Central on Dec. 19; team records: 6-8 overall, 2-2 CCAC.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — bi-weekly stats: one point per game, 1-3 field goals, 0-1 3-pointers, two rebounds; notes: two points and two rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 103-85 victory at Asbury on Dec. 18; team records: 7-3 overall, 2-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Aidan McEwen (Taylor men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: team-high four assists, two rebounds and two steals in the Trojans’ 76-66 loss to Madonna at the Madonna Crusader Classic on Dec. 17 in Livonia, Mich.; team records: 7-6 overall, 1-2 Crossroads League.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: 10 points, shooting 4-of-10 from the floor, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the free-throw line, and game-high nine rebounds in the Red Wolves’ 96-78 home win over IU Kokomo on Dec. 17; team records: 6-11 overall, 2-2 KIAC.
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — bi-weekly stats: two points per game, 1-2 field goals, 2-2 free throws, three rebounds; notes: four points in the Grenadiers’ 82-75 win at Taylor on Dec. 21; team records: 6-4 overall, 2-0 KIAC.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — bi-weekly stats: seven points per game, 5-12 field goals, 2-4 3-pointers, 2-6 free throws, 19 assists, seven rebounds, four steals; top performance: 11 points, shooting 4-of-7 from the field, 2-of-3 from 3-point range and 1-of-4 from the stripe, game- and career-high 12 assists, game-high three steals and three rebounds in the Paladins’ 76-75 victory at Charlotte on Sunday; notes: Morrissey was one assist short of Furman’s single-game school record at Charlotte; team records: 7-6 overall, 1-1 Southern Conference.
• Jennifer Smith (Bellarmine women’s basketball, So.) — bi-weekly stats: 3.7 points per game, 5-14 field goals, 1-2 free throws, seven rebounds; notes: nine points and five rebounds in the Knights’ 70-60 home loss to Wayne State at the MetroMedical Solutions Bellarmine Classic on Dec. 20; team record: 4-4.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, So.) — bi-weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 4-6 field goals, 1-4 free throws, six rebounds; notes: seven points and six rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 103-85 victory at Asbury on Dec. 18; team records: 7-3 overall, 2-0 KIAC.