> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Trey Pfund (Marian men’s golf, Providence graduate, Sr.) — top performance: first at the NAIA Midwest Fall Invitational on Monday and Tuesday in Silvis, Ill., with a two-round score of 138, 4-under-par (69 in the first round, 69 in the final); notes: Pfund’s two-round score is the second-lowest 36-hole score in program history. The score was also a career-low.
• Drew Mattingly (Huntington men’s soccer, Jr.) — top performance: eight saves in the Foresters’ 2-1 loss on Tuesday at Spring Arbor; team records: 7-8-2 overall, 2-6 Crossroads League.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 13th at the Fast Cats Classic last Saturday in Owensboro, Ky., 26:17.9.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 42 kills, 29 digs, three aces; top performance: match- and career-high 29 kills and 14 digs in the Thundering Herd’s 3-1 loss last Sunday at Houston; team records: 16-6 overall, 6-2 Conference USA.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 10 digs, three assists; notes: six digs and two assists in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 home victory over Florida International last Friday; team records: 22-3 overall, 8-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — top performance: second in the 400 medley relay in a home dual-meet victory over the University of the Cumberlands last Saturday, 4:09.08; notes: third in the 200 freestyle relay in a dual-meet loss last Friday at Louisville, 1:44.48; third in the 200 breaststroke against the Cumberlands, 2:37.36.
• Matthew Hamilton (Evansville men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 39th at the Evansville Invitational last Saturday, 27:51.26.
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, So.) — top performance: seventh at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association End of Season Jamboree last Friday and Saturday with a two-round score of 169, 25-over-par (82 in the first round, 87 in the final); notes: Heffernan was named to the all-MIAA second team.
• Jay Holderman (IUPUI men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 37th at the Earl Yestingsmeier Invitational on Monday and Tuesday in Muncie with a three-round score of 233, 23-over-par (72 in the first round, 84 in the second, 77 in the final).
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Eagles’ 3-3 double-overtime tie last Saturday at Oakland City; team records: 2-8-1 overall, 2-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, So.) — notes: one reception for 12 yards in the Grizzlies’ 69-0 win last Saturday at Anderson; team records: 4-2 overall, 4-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, Fr.) — weekly stats: four shots; notes: three shots in the Norse’s 2-1 victory last Friday at North Florida; team records: 5-7-1 overall, 2-0-1 Atlantic Sun Conference.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, Fr.) — notes: one ace in the Hoosiers’ 3-1 loss last Friday at Ohio State; team records: 9-12 overall, 1-8 Big Ten.
• Sam Mires (Evansville men’s cross country, Sr.) — notes: 26th at the Evansville Invitational last Saturday, 27:09.7.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, Fr.) — top performance: game-high two assists in the Mocs’ 3-2 victory last Sunday at The Citadel; team records: 3-7-1 overall, 1-7 Southern Conference.
• Cole Richards (Franklin football, Sr.) — notes: nine extra-point kicks in Franklin’s 69-0 victory last Saturday at Anderson; team records: 4-2 overall, 4-0 HCAC.
• Katy Schad (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 23 kills, 18 digs, two assists; top performance: match-high 13 kills and six digs in the Thundering Herd’s 3-0 home victory over Rice last Friday; notes: Schad currently leads Marshall in double-doubles this season with 14; team records: 16-6 overall, 6-2 Conference USA.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, So.) — notes: Shireman saw action in the Tigers’ 5-0 home victory last Saturday and their 4-0 home win over Bluefield on Tuesday; team records: 7-6-1 overall, 5-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 65 assists, 12 digs, seven kills; top performance: match-high 34 assists, seven digs and three kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 home victory over Florida Atlantic last Saturday; team records: 22-3 overall, 8-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• Kelsey Traughber (Spalding women’s soccer, Sr.) — weekly stats: three shots, one shot on goal; notes: two shots in the Golden Eagles’ 4-0 loss last Sunday at Centre; team records: 8-6 overall, 2-3 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Jamie Wallace (Indianapolis volleyball, Fr.) — notes: one dig in the Greyhounds’ 3-0 home win on Wednesday versus Cedarville; team records: 20-3 overall, 9-0 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 108 assists, 27 digs, four aces, two blocks; top performance: match-high 44 assists and 22 digs in the Golden Eagles’ 3-1 loss last Friday at Westminster; team records: 10-15 overall, 8-6 SLIAC.