> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Shelby Miller (Maryville (Mo.) women’s basketball, South Central graduate, Jr.) — weekly stats: 20 points per game, 10-22 field goals, 4-10 3-pointers, 16-19 free throws, 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals; top performance: game-high 25 points, shooting 6-of-14 from the floor, 1-of-5 from 3-point range and 12-of-14 from the line, game-high nine rebounds, team-high three assists and game-high two steals; team records: 12-8 overall, 5-5 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 15.5 points per game, 13-24 field goals, 3-5 3-pointers, 2-2 free throws, four rebounds, two assists; team-high 17 points, shooting 6-of-11 from the floor, 3-of-5 from 3-point range and 2-of-2 from the line, two rebounds and two assists in the Titans’ 96-70 home loss to Cardinal Stritch last Wednesday; team records: 9-13 overall, 5-7 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 14.5 points per game, 9-20 field goals, 1-4 3-pointers, 10-15 free throws, six assists, four steals, four rebounds; top performance: game-high 21 points, shooting 8-of-13 from the field, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 4-of-8 from the stripe, four rebounds, game-high two steals and team-high two assists in the Titans’ 68-59 victory at Judson on Saturday; team records: 9-13 overall, 5-7 CCAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — notes: seventh in the mile run at the Grand Valley State University five-way meet on Saturday, 4:23.3.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points in the Knights’ 84-66 loss at IU Southeast on Jan. 27; team record: 11-9.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1.5 points per game, 1-3 field goals, 0-1 3-pointers, 1-2 free throws, two rebounds; notes: three points in the Grenadiers’ 93-70 home win over Asbury last Tuesday; team records: 16-3 overall, 10-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 2-for-8, one RBI; notes: 1-for-3 in the Patriots’ 10-4 victory at Mobile (Ala.) on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader; team record: 1-3.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 singles record, 0-2 doubles record; notes: No. 1 singles loss (6-3, 7-6(7-3)) and No. 1 doubles setback (7-5) in the Bisons’ 4-3 victory vs. Evansville in Chattanooga, Tenn., last Friday; team record: 3-1.