> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Lakin Roland (Dartmouth women’s basketball, Jeffersonville graduate, Fr.) — top performance: career-high 13 points, shooting 4-of-7 from the field and 5-of-5 from the free-throw line, and six rebounds in the Big Green’s 88-66 win on Saturday at Harvard; notes: Roland was named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week on Monday; team records: 2-13 overall, 0-1 Ivy League.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: four points per game, 2-of-2 field goals, 1-of-1 3-pointers, 3-of-4 free throws, two rebounds; notes: eight points and two rebounds in the Titans’ 70-36 victory on Saturday at Purdue North Central; team records: 14-7 overall, 11-4 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 8.7 points per game, 10-of-27 field goals, 2-of-9 3-pointers, 4-of-6 free throws, 10 rebounds, seven assists, four steals; top performance: 14 points, shooting 6-of-11 from the field, 1-of-3 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the stripe, six rebounds and two assists in the Titans’ 68-58 loss to St. Xavier last Tuesday; team records: 14-7 overall, 11-4 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one point in the Sycamores’ 69-50 loss on Sunday at Creighton; team records: 10-5 overall, 2-2 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: first in both the 60-meter dash finals (7.0) and the 200 dash (22.27) in the Sycamores’ 98-46 victory on Saturday against Illinois State in Terre Haute; notes: third in 60 dash preliminaries, 7.11.
• Chris Carruthers (Franklin men’s basketball, So.) — notes: Carruthers saw action in the Grizzlies’ 86-65 win on Sunday at Manchester; team records: 10-5 overall, 5-3 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2.5 points per game, 2-of-6 field goals, 1-of-2 3-pointers, two assists; notes: three points and two assists in the Red Wolves’ 98-96 home loss on Saturday against IU Southeast; team records: 11-7 overall, 1-2 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — notes: seventh in the 200-yard medley relay (1:51.99) in a triple-dual meet last Friday at IUPUI against Ball State, Marshall and the host Jaguars, 12th in the 100 breaststroke (1:10.76), 13th in the 200 breast (2:35.02); sixth in the 400 medley relay (4:08.78) and 400 freestyle relay (3:43.58) and seventh in the 500 freestyle (5:20.21) in the Musketeers’ double-dual meet between Cleveland State and Oakland last Saturday.
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — notes: seventh in the 1,600 relay at the Kentucky Invitational on Friday and Saturday, 3:59.81; 14th in the 400, 59.24.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College, So.) — notes: four points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals in the Jaguars’ 91-72 home victory over the Millikin junior varsity team on Saturday; team record: 14-3.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: two points per game, 3-of-7 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 16 assists, eight rebounds, four steals; top performance: game- and career-high 10 assists and four rebounds in the Paladins’ 67-48 win on Saturday at North Carolina-Greensboro; team records: 6-8 overall, 2-3 Southern Conference.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — top performance: third in the 50 freestyle in the Bearcats’ 159-133 home loss to Miami (Ohio) last Friday, 21.81; notes: fourth in the 200 medley relay (1:35.87) and fifth in the 50 freestyle in Cincinnati’s 184-104 loss on Saturday at Louisville.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: three rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 97-60 home win over Cincinnati Christian last Tuesday; team records: 15-3 overall, 5-0 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: two points and two rebounds in IU Southeast’s 97-60 home triumph over Cincinnati Christian last Tuesday; team records: 15-3 overall, 5-0 KIAC.