> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, New Albany graduate, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4-for-15, six RBIs, three doubles, two runs scored; top performance: 2-for-4 with a double, three RBIs and a run scored in the Cardinals’ 5-3 victory over Western Michigan in the first round of the Mid-American Conference Tournament on Wednesday in Avon, Ohio; notes: Godfrey was named the MAC Player of the Year on Tuesday; team records: 39-17 overall, 22-4 MAC.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: Batliner has made the honorable-mention list for the NAIA All-America team.
• Connor Curry (Southern Indiana baseball, Fr.) — notes: Curry and the Screaming Eagles have advanced to the NCAA Division II National Championship Series, which starts this weekend in Cary, N.C., after winning its third NCAA Division II Midwest Regional title last weekend in Evansville; team records: 45-12 overall, 29-5 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Codie Hamsley (Louisville men’s track, Fr.) — notes: fourth in the discus at the Louisville Twilight Classic on May 16, 161-3.
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Sr.) — top performance: first in the 200-meter dash at the Louisville Twilight Classic on May 16, 24.61.
• Cody Sunderhaus (Rose-Hulman baseball, Fr.) — notes: Sunderhaus and the Engineers lost to St. Thomas (Minn.) in the championship round of the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional last Sunday in Moline, Ill.; team records: 29-18 overall, 16-9 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Leah Wolf (Bellarmine women’s track, Fr.) — notes: 11th in the discus at the Louisville Twilight Classic on May 16, 124-5.
• Trent Astle (Xavier baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Musketeers’ 9-2 loss to Creighton in the first round of the Big East Conference tournament on Thursday in Brooklyn, N.Y., 2 1-3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, no strikeouts, no walks; team records: 26-27 overall, 8-10 Big East; Astle’s record: 4-4.
• Katherine Clark (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: Clark has been named a Daktronics-NAIA Women’s Tennis Scholar Athlete for the 2013-14 season.
• Tyrell Dowdell (Indiana State men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 10th in the 400 preliminaries at the Missouri Valley Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships May 16-18 in Carbondale, Ill., 48.85.
• Mark Meyer (Parkland baseball, Fr.) — season-ending stats: 1-2 record, 5.22 ERA, 26 strikeouts, 11 appearances, three starts; team records: 32-24 overall, 21-11 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Erika Shepherd (Hanover women’s golf, So.) — notes: 67th after three rounds of the NCAA Division III Championship May 13-16 in Howie-in-the-Hills, Fla., with a three-round score of 260, 44-over-par (89 in the first round, 89 in the second, 82 in the final); Shepherd and her teammates missed the cut for the fourth round.