> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Emily Clayton (Maryville (Mo.) women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: one point per game, two assists; notes: two points in the Saints’ 87-76 loss at Walsh on Saturday; team record: 2-2.
• Haley Garr (Wright State volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 15 kills, nine blocks, four digs, two aces; top performance: 10 kills, six blocks and three digs in the Raiders’ 3-1 home loss to Valparaiso last Friday; season-ending stats: 176 kills, team-high 76 blocks, team-high 25 aces; team records: 6-26 overall, 0-14 Horizon League.
• Lexi McFarland (Earlham women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: five points per game, 4-14 field goals, 2-9 3-pointers, seven assists, two rebounds; notes: five points and a team-high four assists in the Quakers’ 91-81 loss at the Nan Nichols Classic on Saturday in Wooster, Ohio; team record: 0-2.
• Grant Meyer (Quincy men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 1.5 points per game, 1-2 field goals, 1-1 3-pointers, three rebounds; notes: three points and two rebounds in the Hawks’ 74-58 loss at Lindenwood (Mo.) on Saturday; team record: 1-3.
• Layne Taylor (Hanover football, Fr.) — top performance: game-high six receptions for a team-high 82 yards and two kickoff returns for 44 yards in the Panthers’ 59-21 home loss to Franklin in the Victory Bell game; season-ending stats: 37 receptions for 517 yards and one touchdown; team records: 5-5 overall, 5-3 HCAC.
• Alex Tinsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — top performance: 10 points, shooting 3-of-4 from the field and 2-of-3 from 3-point range in the Grenadiers’ 111-67 home victory over St. Mary-of-the-Woods on Saturday; team records: 4-0 overall, 1-0 KIAC.
• Shelby Miller (Maryville (Mo.) women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 13 points per game, 10-28 field goals, 3-12 3-pointers, 3-4 free throws, nine rebounds, four assists, four steals; top performance: game-high 19 points, shooting 8-of-16 from the field, 2-of-7 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the line, game-high four steals, game-high three assists and three rebounds in the Saints’ 79-61 loss at Malone last Friday; team record: 2-2.
• James Borengasser (Spalding men’s cross country, Borden native, Sr.) — notes: 235th at the NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional on Saturday in Grand Rapids, Mich., 30:33.9; Borengasser has earned a spot on the 2013-14 SLIAC Fall All-Academic Team.
Weekly stats are from last Tuesday to Sunday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at 812-206-2117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.