> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Nate Combs (Army football, New Albany native, Louisville St. Xavier graduate, Sr.) — top performance: eight tackles, two tackles for loss for 3 yards, an interception and a fumble recovery in the end zone for a touchdown in the Black Knights’ 41-21 home win over Air Force last Saturday; notes: Combs was an honorable-mention pick for the CollegeFootballPerformance.com Linebacker of the Week award. Combs’ interception against the Falcons was his first pickoff of his career, and it happened at the end of last Saturday’s game; team record: 2-7.
• Chris Beam (IU-South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 15.5 points per game, 9-of-22 field goals, 4-of-11 3-pointers, 9-of-10 free throws, eight rebounds, five assists; top performance: 16 points, shooting 3-of-6 from the field, 3-of-5 from 3-point range and 7-of-8 from the line, and two rebounds in the Titans’ 60-56 home win over Andrews last Thursday; team records: 3-0 overall, 1-0 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: six rebounds and two points in the Sycamores’ 51-39 home exhibition win over Bellarmine last Friday.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 3.7 points per game, 4-of-10 field goals, 1-of-3 3-pointers, 2-of-2 free throws, 12 rebounds, four assists; notes: nine points, nine rebounds and game-high four assists in the Red Wolves’ 98-75 home win over Northwestern-Ohio on Tuesday; team record: 2-1.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s cross country, Jr.) — notes: 31st at the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional Championships last Saturday in Kenosha, Wis., 32:01. The Screaming Eagles’ fourth-place finish as a team at regional earned them a spot in the NCAA Division II Championships on Saturday, Nov. 17 in Joplin, Mo.
• Laura Der (Marshall volleyball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 26 kills, 23 digs, four assists, two blocks: top performance: team-high 14 kills, 11 digs and three assists in the Thundering Herd’s 3-2 last Friday at Memphis; team records: 16-12 overall, 6-8 Conference USA.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — top performance: eighth in the 400-yard medley relay last Saturday at the Spire Institute Quad Meet in Geneva, Ohio, 4:10.17; 14th in the 100 breaststroke, 1:11.62.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: four digs, three aces; notes: match-high three aces and three digs in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 victory last Sunday at South Alabama; team records: 28-3 overall, 14-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• Ashlie Haworth (Lindsey Wilson volleyball, Sr.) — notes: five kills, three digs and two blocks in the Blue Raiders’ 3-0 home win over IU Southeast last Thursday; team records: 25-12 overall, 12-3 Mid-South Conference.
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, Fr.) — weekly stats: three shots, one shot on goal; notes: two shots and one shot on goal in the Eagles’ 5-0 home victory over Midway in the first round of the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Tournament last Saturday; season-ending stats: 13 shots, seven shots on goal, one goal, one assist; team records: 5-12-1 overall, 3-3 KIAC.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, So.) — notes: one reception for 29 yards in the Grizzlies’ 23-9 home win over Bluffton last Saturday; team records: 7-2 overall, 7-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Norse’s 1-0 home overtime loss to Lipscomb last Saturday; team records: 7-10-1 overall, 4-3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, Fr.) — notes: four digs in the Hoosiers’ 3-0 victory last Friday at Northwestern; team records: 11-15 overall, 3-11 Big Ten.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: game-high six assists in the Paladins’ 77-47 home exhibition win over Converse on Monday.
• Cole Richards (Franklin football, Sr.) — notes: two extra-point kicks and one 21-yard field goal in the Grizzlies’ 23-9 home win over Bluffton last Saturday. With the victory, Franklin clinched a share of the HCAC championship; team records: 7-2 overall, 7-0 HCAC.
• Katy Schad (Marshall volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 27 digs, 17 kills; top performance: 14 digs and 13 kills in Marshall’s 3-2 setback last Friday at Memphis; team records: 16-12 overall, 6-8 Conference USA.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Tigers’ 4-0 home win over Bluefield last Saturday in the Mid-South Conference Tournament quarterfinals; team records: 10-8-1 overall, 7-2 Mid-South Conference.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — top performance: third in the 200 freestyle relay in the Bearcats’ 177-114 home loss to West Virginia last Friday; notes: vs. West Virginia — fifth in the 50 free, 22:04, sixth in the 200 medley relay, 1:39.01; home vs. Pittsburgh, last Saturday, 237-63 loss — fifth in the 400 freestyle relay, 3:20.35; sixth in the 200 medley relay, 1:38.85; sixth in the 50 free, 22.15.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 68 assists, 16 digs, 13 kills, two blocks; top performance: match-high 33 assists, 11 digs and nine kills in the Hilltoppers’ 3-0 win last Sunday at South Alabama; notes: match-high 35 assists in WKU’s 3-0 victory last Friday at Troy. The win clinched the Sun Belt Conference regular-season championship for the second year in a row; team records: 28-3 overall, 14-0 Sun Belt Conference.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound and one blocked shot in the Grenadiers’ 84-71 home win over St. Catharine (Ky.) on Wednesday; team record: 1-1.