> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, So.) — weekly stats: 5-for-13, six runs scored, four RBIs, one triple, one home run; 1-0 record, five innings pitched, no runs allowed, four hits, four strikeouts, no walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Grenadiers’ 8-0 home win in five innings over Berea on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader, five innings pitched, no runs allowed, four hits, four strikeouts, no walks; 3-for-3 with three runs scored, three RBIs, a triple and a homer; notes: Batliner earned both the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Week and Pitcher of the Week honors on Monday, April 15. Batliner and IU Southeast clinched the KIAC regular-season title on Saturday by sweeping their doubleheader with Berea; team records: 31-5 overall, 21-1 KIAC; Batliner’s record: 5-1.
• Dylan Martin (Ancilla baseball, So.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Chargers’ 5-1 home loss to Grand Rapids Community College last Tuesday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 8-17 overall, 4-10 Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: first in the 400-meter relay at the Jesse Owens Track Classic last weekend in Columbus, Ohio, 41.06; notes: ninth in the 100 (10.83) and 14th in the 200 (22.12).
• Tyler Rhodes (Ancilla baseball, Fr.) — notes: 0-for-2 in the Chargers’ 10-2 home loss to Grand Rapids Community College last Tuesday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 8-17 overall, 4-10 Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 10-for-19, four runs scored, three RBIs, two doubles; top performance: 3-for-4 with a double, two runs scored and two RBIs in the Quakers’ 5-3 victory at Ohio Northern last Thursday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; notes: Becker smacked a two-run double with two-out in the top of the seventh inning in Wilmington’s win over Ohio Northern. The Quakers have clinched their first winning fastpitch record in school history; team records: 20-12 overall, 5-9 Ohio Athletic Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, Fr.) — notes: Kissel played both games of a doubleheader sweep (13-3 and 9-0 scores) at Brescia last Tuesday; team records: 36-18 overall, 10-11 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, So.) — season-ending stats: 4-16 singles record, 10-8 doubles record; team records: 7-14 overall, 2-6 Atlantic Sun Conference.
• Tiffany Welcher (Memphis women’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 1-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 2 singles win (6-1, 7-5) in the Tigers’ 4-3 loss to Tulsa in the Conference USA Tournament semifinals on Saturday in Houston; team records: 17-6 overall, 3-1 Conference USA.