> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 10-for-18, 11 RBIs, seven runs scored, three doubles, one home run, one grand slam, one stolen base; top performance: 4-for-5 with two RBIs, a run scored, a stolen base and a game-winning, walk-off double in the bottom of the ninth inning in the Cardinals’ 6-5 home victory over Eastern Michigan last Sunday; notes: Godfrey earned Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week honors on Monday; team records: 22-11 overall, 7-1 MAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s (Ind.) men’s track, Fr.) — notes: fifth in the 1,500-meter run at the DePauw Outdoor Invitational last Saturday, 4:04.72.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 doubles win (8-0) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 home victory over Alice Lloyd last Saturday; team records: 5-4 overall, 3-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 9-0 win in five innings at Southwestern Illinois last Sunday in the second game of a doubleheader, no runs allowed, two hits, four strikeouts, no walks; team records: 27-6 overall, 17-1 Great Rivers Athletic Conference.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun (Ala.) baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-6, three runs scored, two RBIs, two stolen bases, one double; top performance: 2-for-3 with a double, two runs scored, two RBIs and two stolen bases in the Warhawks’ 7-6 loss at Lawson State Community College on Thursday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 20-16 overall, 8-6 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 4-for-10, four RBIs, one double; top performance: 3-for-4 with a double and two RBIs in the Patriots’ 6-3 home loss to Union (Ky.) in 14 innings on Wednesday; team records: 19-19 overall, 10-8 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 0-3 singles record, 1-2 doubles record; notes: No. 1 doubles win (8-4) and No. 1 singles loss (6-1, 6-1) in the Bisons’ 6-1 home setback to Florida Gulf Coast last Saturday; team records: 10-9 overall, 4-5 Atlantic Sun Conference.